Looking for Idaho otc deer tag?

Looking to purchase an Idaho otc deer tag from anyone who might have drawn something else and can’t go to Idaho. Will pay all fees and for the tag! Thank you and any help would be appreciated

GregB

WKR
You can't just buy a tag from someone and use it, it has their name and license number on the tag itself. If someone returns a tag IDFG just resells it online.

Rob5589

WKR
2000. Sell an elk tag for 5000. Or to the highest bidder :ROFLMAO:

And yes, you can designate it to someone specific. There was a thread on it last year I seem to recall. Good luck!

lif

WKR
Shit. Next year I’ll buy one of each and resell them I guess. That seems like a flaw in the system that needs to be fixed.

BFR

WKR
From whatI found a transfer is only for controlled hunt tags and have to go to a tag holders child or grandchild.

Rob5589

WKR
So, if I found the correct info, controlled tags can be transferred to children/grandchildren for both res and non res. Not so for general tags.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
I was bored so I searched. All I found was transfers to child/grandchild. I may have missed it though. I could swear there was a thread last year where someone did designate a specific person, and not their child.

OP
G
They said with otc tags, they can be designated to anyone as long as proper forms were filled out through fish and game

BFR

WKR
Didn’t mean to start an argument between everyone, just going off what Idaho fish and game told me
No argument here, I hope I’m wrong and you can get a tag. I would try to get a rule number or the person you spoke to to put it in writing. Good luck.

jmcd22

WKR
They said with otc tags, they can be designated to anyone as long as proper forms were filled out through fish and game

Not saying you're wrong but I have been told different things by different people when calling IDFG...if it were me, if it isn't specifically in the regs, I wouldnt fool with it...

BAKPAKR

WKR
I was going to call BS (except as it applies to kids and some controlled hunt tags), but p. 112 of the regs, under the heading “Nonresident Tag Quotas,” makes me think OP is correct. I think this is a flawed provision as I can see that it could easily result in abuse.

Reactions: lif
OP
G
I have til October 10th to find one, hopefully I can find one out of all those tags? Reason is my hunting partner drew a 43 bull tag from October 15th through November 10 and I would love a deer tag in my pocket while we are looking for a bull!