Looking for input on a stiff lightweight summer boot

I hunt Idaho and Nevada, just looking for something a little lighter maybe synthetic that’s still stiff for nasty terrain but pretty light and breathable for the summer. I run schnees beartooth as my main boot. Thanks guys

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I wear beartooths as my main boot too. I had been using Crispi Thor’s for a lightweight early season boot but was burning through pairs fast. I just got a pair of Salewa Rapace GTXs and so far really like them for stiff, lightweight warm weather boot. I can’t speak to durability yet, I only have about 50 miles on them, but so far so good.

I picked up a pair of the Scarpa lightweight hikers for this same purpose. So far I have a few hundred miles on them and they have been comfy.

OP
J
@ Turkeygetpwnd38 do you wear sane size in your salewas as your schnees?

Salewa crow, been running them a few months now. Done some bear hunting and shed hunting in them. They're stiffer than my kenetreks for reference, and Kenny's are stiffer then the crispi Wyoming's I had.

Crossed some rivers in them been out on hot days in them and down to freezing temps. Did some long 8-9 mile days in them them in steep terrain.

They are good to go in my book.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
J
I just ordered a pair from go hunt and on sale. Pretty cool game excited about them. Thanks for all the pics info

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Really liking Crisspi Thor. Great for archery hunting but stiff enough for heavy pack outs and mountain hunting. Not the most durable uppers but usually burn through a pair of soles per season no matter what they are. I just ordered my second pair but also trying the Leponia.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I hunt Idaho and Nevada, just looking for something a little lighter maybe synthetic that’s still stiff for nasty terrain but pretty light and breathable for the summer. I run schnees beartooth as my main boot. Thanks guys

have you checked out our Kestrel? Don't let that flex rating fool you. They are seriously capable mountain boots, in a lightweight and durable package.

- Matt

OP
J
have you checked out our Kestrel? Don't let that flex rating fool you. They are seriously capable mountain boots, in a lightweight and durable package.

- Matt
I did. I’ve had the timberlines and they weren’t stiff enough for my liking so I didn’t think those would be what I’d want. Sweet looking boot though

letrbuck

WKR
Depends on your definition of stiff.... but the Scarpa Zodiac Tech should fit the bill

I'll say that Salewa's can be pretty comfy boots, but I have had serious durability issues with two different pairs, so I wont be going back to those

I have the Crispi Thor’s and the Colorado’s . I like the extra anklesupport from the Colorado’s. I seem to reach for the Colorado’s more often but really just depends on the terrain I’m going to be in. I I had to pick just one to keep for early season stuff it would definitely be the Colorado’s since the feel more versatile.

OP
J
I wear beartooths as my main boot too. I had been using Crispi Thor’s for a lightweight early season boot but was burning through pairs fast. I just got a pair of Salewa Rapace GTXs and so far really like them for stiff, lightweight warm weather boot. I can’t speak to durability yet, I only have about 50 miles on them, but so far so good.
I got some salewa repace, great boot great recommendation! Lovin them so far

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord