Looking for large rifle primers, h1000 or retumbo powder

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hazmat shipping charges are what kills small quantity primer or powder shipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Hazmat shipping charges are what kills small quantity primer or powder shipping.

Well, those who pay stupid prices for primers on GunBroker.com are still gonna get whacked the hazmat fee, so one is going to pay it either way. Would help to meet face to face, but most times that's not practical.

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
I have a line on 5,000 large rifle primers, but I only need 1,000. Would it be legal to sell them as a private individual on here or elsewhere?

What are they? The only issue is shipping it’s like $60 hazmat fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Guys are selling H4350 for $100/lb
For that price, I'd sell my 8lb'er in a heart beat. I don't shoot enough to warrant hanging onto powder when someone else obviously wants it that badly.

It's like fine wine........I used to have a 1000 bottle cellar. Key words "used to have". When I figured out that there were others that were willing to pay a heck of a lot more than it was worth to me.......I dumped the entire cellar on the auction market. There are guys in Hong Kong that pay huge dollars for good wines. I guess there are people similar to that in regards to ammo and components as well when they are in short supply.

Brendan

WKR
Primers and powder are not legal to ship like ammo as a private individual. Technically you need a Hazmat license. (Pretty sure on that anyways, tried earlier this year before this shit show and made the mistake of reading into the details....)

Last edited:
Guys are selling H4350 for $100/lb, and primers for $125/k on the gun classifieds around here. They've lost their minds. I paid $32 for 4350 just a week ago, same for H1000. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time. I don't live in the People's Republic of Illinois either, though, so can't help you with that.

I wish I would of seen this before this evening, could of bought 20 pounds of H4350 at 31.00

wera44

FNG
In Georgia I haven't been able to find primers in months. Then again I've seen guys selling 35 Remington for $60 a box lol

What are they? The only issue is shipping it’s like $60 hazmat fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mind... they’re gone. I was thinking of buying them and then splitting the order with a few people. They were also $100/k, so by the time you add re-shipping to that, starting to get super spendy. I did some research and the only way for Joe Average to ship primers or powder is to lie about what’s in the package. They are (and rightly so I think) considered to be a hazard for potential bulk detonation.

If there’s anybody within say 100 miles of the Reno NV area who wants to split a shipment, PM me. It wouldn’t be that big a deal to drive somewhere and meet up. Your 1/2 would be around $250 for 2500 primers. Or if you have line on some primers I’m willing to go in on it.

East Humboldt, what type of primers? I'm looking for Federal 215m.
I'm trying to get CCI #200s or Federal 200's... not seeing them. The ones that pop up every once in awhile are MILSPEC CCI #34 which is equivalent to a CCI magnum #250, and also apparently has slightly harder or thicker metal to prevent bump discharges. I saw a box of a thousand last night but they were $189/k so I'm gonna just sit on my hands for awhile. Earlier in the week I had seen a lot of 5000 of this same spec for $500, but I just want to re-load some ammo not start a college fund. Actually if I see those again I think I'll buy 'em because I think I'll have no problem unloading the surplus in the Reno area.

From my reading I gather a bump discharge can happen in semiauto weapons (M1 Garand? ) with a firing pin that is not held back by a spring. You drop the weapon with one in the chamber and the firing pin hits the primer etc... these are not supposed to be a problem in bolt action weapons although YMMV.

Flyjunky

WKR
I'm trying to get CCI #200s or Federal 200's... not seeing them. The ones that pop up every once in awhile are MILSPEC CCI #34 which is equivalent to a CCI magnum #250, and also apparently has slightly harder or thicker metal to prevent bump discharges. I saw a box of a thousand last night but they were $189/k so I'm gonna just sit on my hands for awhile. Earlier in the week I had seen a lot of 5000 of this same spec for $500, but I just want to re-load some ammo not start a college fund. Actually if I see those again I think I'll buy 'em because I think I'll have no problem unloading the surplus in the Reno area.

From my reading I gather a bump discharge can happen in semiauto weapons (M1 Garand? ) with a firing pin that is not held back by a spring. You drop the weapon with one in the chamber and the firing pin hits the primer etc... these are not supposed to be a problem in bolt action weapons although YMMV.
ok, thanks for the info. If you happen to come across any 215m's, please let me know.

I saw another thread today that someone showed a pic of retumbo they just picked up local to them. I got a few pounds local to me last month.

where do you live? The ammo bros in Cerritos CA has Fed215 and 215M (match), the new Sportsmen warehouse in Corona, CA also has Fed215M. I bought the last pound of Retumbo from them
There’s a sportsman’s warehouse in corona? I grew up there and we didn’t have much besides Miguel’s and a Target in Riverside :)