Looking for light maneuverable pack/meat-hauler

Tradchef

WKR
This is my kifaru lite frame , cargo panel with guide lid on this hunt and a couple pouches. I use an OR dry sack and just stuff meat in that in my game bags. This is a mulie doe I shot in general season in 2019. Boned out meat and hide in my 35l dry bag. I use this set up for 90% of what I do. I have a reckoning for longer outings or overall backpacking.

Attachments

• 78241B17-8D8E-4531-AE8F-F08B8C18000C.jpeg
    78241B17-8D8E-4531-AE8F-F08B8C18000C.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 44

tdot

WKR
If you are looking for a maneuverable pack, then in my experience you need to find the best frame for the task. That will have more of an impact then the bag.

After testing and owning a number of different frames, I settled on the Seek Outside Revolution frame. Its extremely flexible, yet can still carry a heavy load. The frame extensions are a plus as well.

Bags are easy to add as you see fit. I've added a Kuiu Pro 3200 to the Seek frame and it works. Also have used a Kifaru 44mag on it and have a Seek Fortress 6300 for big trips.

From a day pack perspective. I think Kuiu was pretty good too, but they started to fall behind others as the weight was added. Kifaru was awesome under load, but very stiff and tall for a maneuverable day pack. Stone Glacier was too tall for me to consider maneuverable in brush. I havent tried Exo, that was next on my list after SO. But was so happy with the Seek pack, that I didnt bother with the Exo.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
A Seek Outside Revolution frame would fit the bill just about perfect. It is very light and gives lots of freedom of movement with smaller loads. As far as the bag goes, you could strap just about anything to it.