Looking for MN/WI family get away

WyoJessen

FNG
I’m looking for any recommendations on a lake where our family can rent a large cabin or house for a long weekend. We’d like to be able to rent a boat, fish, and have a golf course close by. Family members will be coming from Wyoming and Michigan so looking for a place in between and thinking central Minnesota or Wisconsin. Thanks for any help!

SoDaky

WKR
Ditto.
Search ‘Brainerd Mn Lakes area resorts’
Couple good archery shops there as well.

SwampBone

FNG
I’ll chime in since I live in the brainerd area. I don’t golf but a couple popular courses are Craguns on Gull, Breezy point, and Rutgers on Bay lake east of brainerd. If there’s a marine shop on the lake check with them on pontoon/boat rental. I know some shops on Bay rent them.

Check gull lake resorts in the brainerd Mn. area, they have all of what your looking for but I dont have first hand experience there. Also the Hayward area in Sawyer co. Wi. Has alot fo do and Washburn co. Wi. That's were I'm at now for the 4th. Long lake and butternut hills golf course is right down the road. Nice area for sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
If you do central Minnesota, go 30 minutes north of brainerd to cross lake. Countless options for cabins and rentals on the whitefish chain. If you don’t like crowds, the weekends can be tough as half the state shows up on Friday and leaves Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the Brainerd / Baxter Area, great vacation area with lots of resorts and Golf Courses as well. The Crosslake area as well would meet your needs.

Kindo

WKR
WI Dells or the Apostle Islands up on Lake Superior. Plenty to do in both areas as well.

Torrell

FNG
I’ll chime in since I live in the brainerd area. I don’t golf but a couple popular courses are Craguns on Gull, Breezy point, and Rutgers on Bay lake east of brainerd. If there’s a marine shop on the lake check with them on pontoon/boat rental. I know some shops on Bay rent them.
Crystal lake!

260madman

WKR
I can 2nd the WI Dells. Has everything you want and don’t want. Golfing, state parks, a lot of water for fishing and recreation, water parks, shopping, downtown is similar to Clearwater Beach. There should be plenty of places to rent on the water although they may be booked out until next year.

Just google it. You won’t be bored.