Looking for mobility/flexablity/stretching workout

Jeremy_D

FNG
I get up and lift weights mon wed fri for 45min- hour. Id like to fill in tues and thurs with the above. Anybody know a good fullbody mobility without that takes about an hour. Or have any other advice or suggestions....yoga?

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking for the same thing. More flexibility/stretching.

Post #50 on this thread recommended Yoga with Adrienne

I was planning on giving it a go tonight. Here is a link to it.

Someone also commented to read what David Goggins has to say about stretching.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Check out DDP yoga. I do it on some off day's, and like the follow along programs

Rob5589

WKR
Yoga is great for mobility. I have watched several of Adriene's videos. She has a ton so you'll be able to find something that works. 20 or so minutes is enough to get a full body stretch. She talks a lot but is pleasant to look at.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I'll chime in with something that might help somebody down the line. I have always done weight training, running, biking, like a lot of people, and I learned the hard way about the importance of training your gluteus medius. Just doing heavy squats, leg press, biking, etc, all in a straight line develops your maximus, but what happens when your medius isn't firing properly, because it's lagging way behind in conditioning, and then you find yourself in a job where you sit a lot, your stabilizing muscles in the pelvic region get unbalanced and your pelvis will slightly shift(for a lack of a better explanation). At first this will cause some dull lower back pain and while you search for what's wrong, even talking to a doctor, you will be led down a path to nowhere. If you don't start training your gluteus medius, you could end up like me, in debilitating pain. I'm talking about laying on your back and can't even roll over to get out of bed. Once I got all this figured out, I started training my medius and gaining back my mobility in my pelvic area and my issues are gone, including lower back pain. I now have a weekly routine outside of regular leg training just for that because for about 2 days I wondered if I was going from completely mobile to being an invalid.

Things like yoga and leg abductor training really help. For more insight go to Youtube to get the exercises. It's all quite easy and actually feels really effective as you do it, which helps.

When I was 25 and just hitting the hard weights I would always see people in the gym doing weird stuff, and I would roll my eyes. Now I get it.

OXN939

WKR
I get up and lift weights mon wed fri for 45min- hour. Id like to fill in tues and thurs with the above. Anybody know a good fullbody mobility without that takes about an hour. Or have any other advice or suggestions....yoga?

Hot yoga has a ton of very scientific benefits. There is a reason it's so popular among the top athletes from a variety of sports. Doing it twice a week would be a great addition to your regimen, and would definitely help with injury prevention.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
I've been following along on IG with Bethlewisfit. Since the lockdown she's been doing 2 controlled articular rotation type classes for free Monday and Wednesday. They stay up on her story for 24 hrs. I do them Tues/Thurs AM. Definitely a little different, focusing on maximizing joint movement.

buddy at work big crossfitter he turned me onto GOWOD. I am going to start it tongith you do an assessment and based on your score the app creates u a stretching routine and then u test as u go.

CaptainA

FNG
I was looking for the same. Remote work it's not about me, back pain is hurtful. Yoga was the best solution, stretching with meditation, one love! I have downloaded Romwod, it tracks perfectly my stretching routine in the morning. Moreover, I have found awesome exercises to challenge myself on https://yogapractice.com/blog/the-meaning-of-the-om-symbol/ Yep, it's about connection, but we people are seeking for this all the time. After one session I feel like a newborn.

Last edited:
Just downloaded Romwod. Question for you guys do you do most of this after your running or lifting session. I have been doing more bands dynamic say on a upperbody day for shoulder mobility and do hip band work etc on lower half or running days

mp12

FNG
Gymnasticbodies . com has a foundation course series that is specifically built for active people who don't have much prior mobility training. The courses are used to build mobility with the intent that when the person finishes the mobility course they will be able to start strength training in those new ranges of motion.

Soupie

FNG
Huge fan of anything you can find my Kelly Starret, just search youtube. I personally love his book, for some reason I just like being able to read about exercises vs watch them.