Looking for Montana hunting partner(s) for 09/17 - 09/25

7Bartman

WKR
Just found out yesterday that my hunting partner inadvertently didn't draw the MT general elk tag that he thought he did. I'm currently headed out by myself. I'm flying into Bozeman on 09/17 and plan to be in the mountains that Sat (9/18) afternoon and hunt until the following Sat. I will have a 4-wheel drive truck and plan on truck camping.
I'm primarily interested in finding some folks that might not mind me joining their elk camp. I don't mind camping/hunting alone, but would greatly prefer not to do so in GRIZZLY country. Moreover, I really enjoy the camaraderie and someone to trade stories with over a campfire. I'm happy to take turns calling and more than happy to help pack an elk out. I don't mind hunting on my own, but don't really want to be navigating in the dark by myself. I'm 42 an in good shape and will definitely do my share around camp/while hunting. I've been lucky enough to kill a few elk so I know the extreme amount of work that's involved with breaking down and packing out an elk. I do enjoy filming my hunts to share with others, but I'm not looking to get Youtube famous or anything.
As far as units, I'm primarily interested in units in the Sapphires, Beaverheads, or Pioneers. I'm trying to stay in Western MT, generally South of Missoula and West of Bozeman, but could be persuaded otherwise.
Shoot me a PM if you might be interested.

Thanks,
Bart

Bachto

WKR
Good luck on finding a partner! I'll be in that part of the state elk hunting, but for the first 2 weeks of the season. I will be packing into some wilderness areas with my dad and our ragtag string of pack goats lol.

beignet

FNG
I wouldn’t worry so much about the gristly bears in those ranges you named. To be sure, they could be in there, but they’re not all the thick with ‘em like say the Front or the Blackfoot.