Looking for opinion on optics for my hunting rifle

Hello! I’m new to the site and need some posts to buy off the classifieds so here goes my first post. Looking for a nice scope in the 800-1200 dollar range to pair with my HMR. Bought this for long range deer and possibly elk hunting in the future. Was looking for a FFP and something I can use at the range out to 1,000 yards max. Open to all ideas and options, thanks in advance for your suggestions!

These 2 are probably gonna be your best bet. I personally own an lrhs 2 and love it for the money. If I needed a scope right now I would buy the trijicon for that price it’s a steal.

OP
Abergman0404
Thank you guys for the responses. The LRHS is definitely up in the top of my list. The trijicon looks interesting but not really looking for a SFP scope.

LRHS2 or LHT are really the two best options in that price range. I bought an LHT and a LRTS recently and like the LHT more and it’s the one I decided to keep. The Brownells MPO 3-18 is great as well possibly even a little better than the LRHS2 or LHT in some ways like turrets and illumination but comes at the cost of weight at 33oz. They’re $1000 and there’s a promo for a $150 gift card for buying one so $850 + shipping and tax gets you a hell of an optic.

OP
Abergman0404
that nightforce is sweet comes out to almost 1600 though.. I may have to respect the old adage buy once, cry once I guess 😂 was hoping to be able to purchase something from the classifieds soon honestly

OP
Abergman0404

What do you guys think about this scope? Spotted one on the classifieds for 800 and wondering if anyone has some feedback? Thanks

JohnnyB

WKR
The Trijicon Tenmile is available in ffp. I prefer it to my Ares ETR for hunting. The Trijicon is top notch. I saw a used ffp mrad go for 780 on eBay Sunday.

Last edited:
OP
Abergman0404

Any thoughts on this scope? Don’t know what I should be looking for on the top end of the magnification range if I one day decide to take it out on the range to say 1000 yards.. mostly gonna be using it under 400 yards for hunting but sometimes my friends are bad influences lol

OP
Abergman0404
The LRHS2 is probably your best bet as has been suggested by many already
Thanks! Just being thorough and looking at all options. The bushnells seem like a good choice but still figuring out if an illuminated reticle is necessary for my hunting needs. Just keep finding good second hand optics and don’t want to rush into a purchase before I look at multiple options

Yeah there are a ton of good options. It’s easy to get stuck going over all of them! I’ve never wished for illumination on mine.

OP
Abergman0404
Yeah there are a ton of good options. It’s easy to get stuck going over all of them! I’ve never wished for illumination on mine.
Good to know.. I’m very green to all of this and more comfortable in the pistol shotgun and archery realm lol and am no expert in any of those by far.. just trying to rob everyone of their years of knowledge so I can mess it up during my own learning process.. 😆