Looking for opinions on 15x56 binos

pkita99

FNG
Hey guys,

Just looking for some honest opinions from the folks out here on 15x56 binos. Basically looking to pick up a good set for spotting in AZ and western hunts in general. Should I pick up a Meoptas Meostar HD or basically pay double for the new Swaro's HD's?

I know everyone has their opinion so I will put it in a different way: Will I be able to see more animals with the Swaro's in lowlight conditions? What other advantages do the Swaro's have over the Meoptas?

Thanks and any help is very much appreciated!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Happy New Year and welcome to RokSlide.
It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you if you have a few minutes. Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000
Doug

cmahoney

WKR
I recently picked up some Swarovski 15’s. The Zeiss 15’s seem to be the next best option from what I researched before making the purchase. They are quite a bit less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
I have looked through the Swaros, Zeiss, Meopta, and Vortex. I bought the swaros and I would rank the 15s in that order for my eyes. It is almost a push with the Zeiss and the Meopta, but I thought the Zeiss were better on edge clarity, even though I prefer the more neutral glass of the Meopta. Are the Swaros twice as good? Nope, but they are worth it to me since I glass a lot and will use them for the next 20 years. If you are patient, you can find nearly mint swaros in the classifieds for $1800-1900 tyd.

Swaros.

I got a great deal on here 2 years ago on a set of swaro 15x hds. Every time I put them on the tripod or window mount I am like a kid at christmas. They are absolute game finding machines.

The meopta's are really nice. Probably best bang for your buck across the board on optics of all sizes.

Swaros warranty and popularity drive their resale value. If you take care of your swarovskis they will take care of you.

i used the meopta 15s for a couple of years, outstanding glass, I loved them. I compared them a lot with the conquests and to me the meoptas were easier on the eyes and a tad sharper.

Meopta vs Swarovski?... make sure if you go Swarovski to get the HD not the NEU, I thought the meoptas were superior to the NEUs. The HDs are better than the meoptas, but it's not by a bunch. If you have the money get the swaros no doubt, they have a better field of view and are crisp almost to the edge, better than the meoptas. Can't really go wrong either way, but there's a reason everybody compares their binos to Swarovski.

OP
P

pkita99

FNG
Thanks guys, lots of good info here. So I found a pair of allegedly brand new ones on local classifieds for $2k, they are the 15x56 new HD version. Is that a good deal? what do they usually go for secondhand? Also is their warranty transferable if I don't have proof of purchase?

Thanks again and Happy New Year to everyone!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really am a fan of the Swarovski bino's there glass you just can not beat and there customer service is incredible. The SLC 15x56 for the price are amazing and if your looking for any more info or just want to talk optics and get a feel for a couple other options feel free to give me a shout. Also being a ROKSLIDE member helps!

I’m going to jump on the Swarovski train I recently picked up a pair earlier this summer! I have used them a little this year on a hunt but main reason was for desert hunting specifically AZ. I’m headed that way in 2 days so I’ll definitely be putting them to the test.

But overall I think your gonna find the general consensus is Swaro for the 15x class

Let me throw a wrinkle in your plans. The 12x50 EL. I’ve used swaro/meopta/Zeiss 15s in the field for coues muleys bears and elk. I ended up getting the ELs for myself. Unbelievable piece of glass, the field of view is astounding and sharp to the edges. But the 15s are sweet too and you save a little cash.

prm

WKR
I’m also looking for some 15s. Basically narrowed to Swaro and Meopta. I do like Swaros, but the cost is daunting leaving me to ask myself whether using one or the other would make any difference on a hunt.

skierhs

WKR
The swaros get my vote for 15x binos. They’re the best out there by far but that’s what it costs. I look at it this way, I hunt April, may, and possible some of June. I also hunt August, sept, oct, nov, and December. If I was to rent the swaro for 150 a week on my hunts only and not counting scouting I would make back my money very fast. The quality will stay with you as long as you own them. Saving money is always important to me but I also have to look at what the cost is over time of use.

TravKatQ

WKR
Swaro hands down! Great investment and you’ll never have to wonder if there’s better out there...they are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I have the meoptas and my hunting partner has the Swarovskis. Both are great. I went with the meoptas simply for the cost savings. I like the view thru his Swaro and I would say it is better in the meoptas in low light. To my eyes the Swaro has a more blue look while the meoptas have a more yellow look. That said I don't think you can go wrong. My buddy loves my meoptas and I love his Swaros. Both have great control of color fringing.

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the 12 el and the 15hd both in Swaros side by side on tripods and the 15hd won out. The 15x are absolutely phenomenal for my eyes. $2000 for the new 15x isn't to bad. I would offer $1750 though.

Corey

mainbeam pursuit2

Lil-Rokslider
I have the meopta, so far I'm very impressed. I was having a tough time justifying the swaro price when I found the meopta for a deal that I couldn't pass up. Havent had any regrets, i do have 10x42 SLCs they are the top of the class.

bakyrd831

WKR
I just picked up a pair of the meoptas and for the price its hard not to like them on Optics planet you can get them for around 1200$ on sale.