Looking for opinions on what Spartan Precision gear to buy first.

RSC12

FNG
Ok here is the question. I'm going to buy into the Spartan Precision Javelin line but can only afford to spend so much at the moment. Should I buy:

1. - Javelin Pro Tac Bipod (Long) - $350

or

2. - Combination - $380ish
- Javelin Lite bipod (long) - $145
- Davros Tripod Head - $150ish (Hopefully when available)
- Heavy Duty Optics Adapter - $85.20

I really like the idea of the Pro Tac bipod but the combination of gear gets me a bipod as well as a tripod head which allows me to swap out some other gear and streamline my system. I'm also thinking I could just buy the Pro Tac legs separately in the future if I decide I want them. The only issue is the pro line has a leg lock out feature that I won't be able to get if I go with the lite version.

Anyways just curious what path others would choose.

Thanks,
RSC

MontanaTX

FNG
I am a Spartan dealer, and have been using it for years. From Stand hunting to Elk and Sheep.

I’ve hunted with the standard and the pro-Tac bipods, both have their place.

There is also some new items coming soon when it comes to Davros and the larger ecosystem

I can help you make the right choices there. Drop me a PM

Has anyone tried installing the gunsmith adapter? Was wondering if you used the hole where the sling stud was on your stock or started another? I'm looking to add one to my Bell & Carson stock.

Dennis

WKR
I would leave the sling stud in place. I have mounted one forward of the sling swivel and a second one forward of the forward action screw. The front one is for use with Javelin bipod and the rear is for use with Davros head on my tripod. Be sure to make sure you have clearance inside stock so not to hit barrel, recoil lug etc. System works great!

I would leave the sling stud in place. I have mounted one forward of the sling swivel and a second one forward of the forward action screw. The front one is for use with Javelin bipod and the rear is for use with Davros head on my tripod. Be sure to make sure you have clearance inside stock so not to hit barrel, recoil lug etc. System works great!
Thanks Dennis! Sounds like you use the entire system, would you recommend the Davros or the Davros Pro tripod head? I currently run a Vortex Viper HD 85mm and a 8x42/12x50 bino. Any hands on comparison to a VA-5 (I know the Davros isn't a fluid head.) Thanks

Dennis

WKR
Thanks Dennis! Sounds like you use the entire system, would you recommend the Davros or the Davros Pro tripod head? I currently run a Vortex Viper HD 85mm and a 8x42/12x50 bino. Any hands on comparison to a VA-5 (I know the Davros isn't a fluid head.) Thanks
RGR Wheeler,

I don't have any experience with the Davros Pro head at this point. I did watch the Startan video which does explain some of the differences and you might want to check it out. The Pro head does look a lot stronger, but is also quite a bit heavier. I think if you are running and 85mm spotter then the Davros Pro might be the best option. I run a Swarovski 65 mm spotter with a Precision Rifle Solution balance plate along with two Precision Rifle Solution tripods. There are times especially when I attach my rifles that I feel like I am stretching the limits of the standard head, but I do like the weight savings. What I have added in balance plate weight might be neutralized the weight difference between the two Davros heads.

I am pretty sure my buddy runs a VA-5 head on his tripod which is a great smooth head and nice for grid glassing an area. I think comparing the two types of heads depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I used and still use at times pan heads for years and had plates on all my optics and on some rifles. I found that while mounting optic plates on my rifles worked they were quite often in my way while climbing and hiking etc.. Prior to that I carried various rifle cradles which worked, but added weight. I think it's all about trade offs and your own personal goals. PM me if you have additional questions.