Looking for or ideas on pack for hauling kids

IAHNTR

WKR
Have a ~27 lb. 2 yr. old and needing a pack to hike with. Looking for options or one for sale.

What models should I look at? Thanks.

I used my Kifaru bikini and a cargo chair to haul around a little guy (2yo & 30ish lbs) for a few afternoon walks. He was pretty comfortable and never complained. Might be able to do the same thing with a cargo panel or a grab it but we never tried it because the cargo chair was good enough. Here's a couple of pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432664430.350646.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432664445.436525.jpg

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
We have the Phil and Teds Escape. It is comfortable for me, but I don't like the piece that slips over the childs head. It is kind of odd and my little guy, 9 months / 24 lbs, has trouble getting his head through it. Other wise I like it. Interesting, detachable, sun shade too that does work well. Price is better than the Osprey which was my other choice.

E Wa Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check out this
http://www.deuter.com/US/us/kid-carrier/kid-comfort-3-46534-125.html

I have one and have used for two kids and 6 years, comfortable harness that is easily adjustable for more than one person to use and has extra storage for all the extra needs for kids. Plus the kids think it is comfortable and ask to ride in it. I have taken my kids on hunting trips with it bike riding with it and hiking. Can't say enough good things about it and the wife says that it is safe for kids.

MattB

WKR
I used the Sherpani Rumba pack when my daughter was little and it was great. That was money well spent. With a Kifaru large pod attached, I was able to carry most of the family's gear and the pack was comfortable up to ~63# (my largest load) - I think the pack was rated to 70#. I think that makes for a much nicer experience for the child than some of the other all Kifaru options (e.g. cargo chair or grab-it) I explored.

LitenFast

WKR
Love my Deuter Kid Comfort II, very comfy with my big 3 year old at about 35#. I think he will fit for at least another year if not more. We are actually looking at getting another for our younger daughter and will definitely get another deuter.

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy sticks his kids in the meat shelf of the Stone Glacier. I can't recommend it, but that was one of his criteria for a pack...must be able to haul out a kid.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Deuter Kid Comfort II, very comfy with my big 3 year old at about 35#. I think he will fit for at least another year if not more. We are actually looking at getting another for our younger daughter and will definitely get another deuter.

My 2nd has about outgrown our kid comfort II and its been a great pack for years. My wife 5'4" likes it and it fits me 6'1" comfortably as well. I told her I was going to turn it into a cache hauler when we are done with it. She said I could sell it and my current pack for an upgrade instead. I'm good with that so it will probably be for sale after this summer.

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
I just sent money for a used Deuter Kid Comfort III from a guy on 24hr. campfire. I posted this thread over there too and many also recommended the Deuter line of packs. I also just picked up a Duplex frame, so if the Deuter doesn't work I'll strap the kid on the duplex. :D

Thanks for all the replies and hopefully this will help someone down the road too.