Looking for Oregon Archery Elk/Deer Mentor/Hunting Buddy

pdxcoug

FNG
I am one of those folks who picked up hunting late. I'm 30 and started about 5 years ago by going to my in-laws late season rifle elk camp which turned out to be more camping than hunting.

Last year I picked up a bow and really enjoy shooting it. I didn't hunt many days last year mostly because I only had weekends to scout/hunt but I'd be willing to do a week this year if it was promising. Also honestly I didn't really enjoy being alone last year; it was very boring out there especially because I have no idea where elk are.

I am looking for someone experienced who's willing to share their love for bowhunting. I am willing to get up early, put in the work, hike a ton of miles, and learn.

I'd like to hunt the coast or Hood but am willing to head further east if that's what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlad

Banned
i honestly don't know why but i can stop laughing after reading this thread, i know a guy that is a very experienced bow hunter in Oregon, i will email him and see if he is gamed ?

OP
P

pdxcoug

FNG
i honestly don't know why but i can stop laughing after reading this thread, i know a guy that is a very experienced bow hunter in Oregon, i will email him and see if he is gamed ?

Thanks for your honesty. Yeah I understand it's kinda an awkward thing to ask but screw it. I can either try and find someone who's nice and willing to extend a hand or spend the next bunch of years with a low probability of success.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Try ifish.net

That forum is about 90% Oregon residents, a lot of good people who like taking new guys out and sharing info via PMs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
P

pdxcoug

FNG
Try ifish.net

That forum is about 90% Oregon residents, a lot of good people who like taking new guys out and sharing info via PMs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah that was my next post, just forgot my password. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk