Looking for partner for Idaho Archery, Unit 67 (8-20 Sep)

BradNSW

FNG
Looking for an archery Elk partner for Unit 67. After hunting the area solo the last two years, I feel like I'm hanging it out going solo...

Arriving 7 Sep and have campground reservations 7-22 Sep. You could pitch a tent or reserve another site?

Hunt Modus Operandi: Wife in trailer at the campground 6,500ft. I set up basecamp 3-4 miles in, at 7,800ft and hunt for 6 days (8-13 Sep). Down to camper 14 Sep, shower, good meal and a night on a mattress. Back up to basecamp 15-20Sep.

Hunt Style: Still hunt the thick stuff (7,000 to 8,000ft elevation) with little to no calling. Minimalist pack: 38lbs for 6 days. Found a filterable water source that's been there last two years. Temps vary: 80s to 20s. Rain (sometimes sleet) 20-30% of the time.

Background: 56 years old, in great shape, retired NavSpecWar.

Past two year hunt summary: Close encounters (20-30yds) with deer/elk/moose (no tag for the moose) Unfortunately, the archery shot on the deer/elk, never materialized. There aren't a lot of elk and deer but I've been in range several times each year...only a matter of time.

If interested, PM

coacht84

FNG
That is an awesome setup/plan Brad. I am on the other side of Idaho and would love to partner up, but I can't do it this year. I'll keep an eye out for the possibility of maybe next year. I hope you find a great partner for this year. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
Like the style and attitude,I'm already committed and a tad old for you maybe but otherwise would offer to join you.My situation this year will be similar,wife in camper nearby with home cooking and 'resupplies' every few days.Fun way to hunt.Good hunting!

Interested in your success that way. Have a group of guys going in for the general rifle in OCT. myself and 1 other are backpacking into the area and are VERY dedicated. We hunt southern Utah.. (trophy bulls 350-400) and wouldn’t mind helpin a guy out if you happen to draw down here as well!

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for an archery Elk partner for Unit 67. After hunting the area solo the last two years, I feel like I'm hanging it out going solo...

Arriving 7 Sep and have campground reservations 7-22 Sep. You could pitch a tent or reserve another site?

Hunt Modus Operandi: Wife in trailer at the campground 6,500ft. I set up basecamp 3-4 miles in, at 7,800ft and hunt for 6 days (8-13 Sep). Down to camper 14 Sep, shower, good meal and a night on a mattress. Back up to basecamp 15-20Sep.

Hunt Style: Still hunt the thick stuff (7,000 to 8,000ft elevation) with little to no calling. Minimalist pack: 38lbs for 6 days. Found a filterable water source that's been there last two years. Temps vary: 80s to 20s. Rain (sometimes sleet) 20-30% of the time.

Past two year hunt summary: Close encounters (20-30yds) with deer/elk/moose (no tag for the moose) Unfortunately, the archery shot on the deer/elk, never materialized. There aren't a lot of elk and deer but I've been in range several times each year...only a matter of time.

If interested, PM
Brad,
I reside in Michigan, 62 years old & in good shape. I am also looking for a elk hunting partner. I have archery hunted elk in the Bear River area in Idaho on 3 occasions with a friend of mine, but he no longer hunts. I have also hunted elk in Colorado units 43, 421 & 77, Washington State and Michigan. All my hunts have been OTC DIY archery hunts. I prefer back country back pack hunts.
I have had some great mature bull elk encounters, but have not been able to quite get into archery range. I have passed on spike bulls and cows except for my Michigan hunt which I filled my cow only tag. I also have a passion for hunting mature whitetail bucks in Illinois.
I would like the opportunity for further discussions on possibly teaming up for a an archery elk hunt for the fall of 2019 in either Colorado or Idaho. Please feel free to contact me 8107309914

If interested, PM
I am in Temecula PM me and we can talk. I can't figure out how to message you on here.
-Shiloh

OP
B

BradNSW

FNG
Sstoutelkfool - Success rate has been 0% for 3 years but close encounters (under 50 each year). Only 1-2 close encounters in two weeks each year...but I'm learning with 6 weeks under my belt. Elk are almost totally silent (in 3 years, only 1 day in 6 weeks of early Sept hunting did the mountain lite up). I was surrounded but never saw them. I've had a couple big ones fighting (heard em) and saw the loser taking off. They seem to respond to intermittent quiet cow calls. Had two come in silent but fast, then hang up behind cover. Only a matter of time...year #4 this year.

Thejet

WKR
Interested in your success that way. Have a group of guys going in for the general rifle in OCT. myself and 1 other are backpacking into the area and are VERY dedicated. We hunt southern Utah.. (trophy bulls 350-400) and wouldn’t mind helpin a guy out if you happen to draw down here as well!
Have any info on the nebo unit for archery bull elk?