Looking for reflex sight

Gila

WKR
i would like to put a reflex red dot sight on my rifle. Cabelas and Sportsman’s has a poor selection of anything. I have been looking at the new Holosun AEMS sight. It has the features I have been looking for. I am looking for something similar that is quality. i really don’t want to spend over $500. The range i am looking at is 75-250meters. The optic will need to be functional with night vision. Thanks in advance for your consideration and recommendations.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
i would like to put a reflex red dot sight on my rifle. Cabelas and Sportsman’s has a poor selection of anything. I have been looking at the new Holosun AEMS sight. It has the features I have been looking for. I am looking for something similar that is quality. i really don’t want to spend over $500. The range i am looking at is 75-250meters. The optic will need to be functional with night vision. Thanks in advance for your consideration and recommendations.

All red dots should be Aimpoint.

Shraggs

WKR
It’s not an aim point, but I put a Burris fast fire 3 on a lever action that is super handy. Adjusts reasonable for night use.

Blue72

WKR
Sig Romeo 5 if your on a budget. It has a great reputation for reliability. Alabama arsenal did a torture test and even shot the thing with a shotgun. Even then the red dot still turned on

if you have the money, aimpoint has the best glass and reliability …but I do love my Romeo!

drh2687

FNG
I've been naturally skeptical of the Holosun/china products, but frankly the proof seems to be in the pudding. The market - and many dudes than run them hard - seems to support that they have come out with a good product with a combination of user-desired that other brands don't have for the price point (or at all). Pains me to say it.

If the Holosun is out of your budget, I'd look on the secondary market boards for a used by not abused Aimpoint, one of less top-end models. Especially if it's been painted or cosmetically not good, you can grab one for very reasonable money. Maybe an Aimpoint Pro, or CompM4?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Holosuns when used in large numbers have a high failure rate, especially in zero retention.

Red dots should be Aimpoints.

Terrapin

WKR
My experience (3gun, USPSA, and tons of testing with slide mounted 10mms) has been that Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, and Trijicon RMR/SRO seem to have the least number of issues. The duty/carry people seem to gravitate towards the Leupold and the competition guys seem to prefer the SRO. Holoson seem to work pretty well for the price point. I personally avoid the Sigs and the Vortex reflex sights.

I have not done anything with the Aimpoint ACRO, but I’ve heard some good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk