Looking for release suggestions

Clrems77

WKR
I’m currently using a Spot hog release. I feel the trigger may be a little too light causing me to worry about resting my finger on the trigger. This causes movement just prior to actually releasing.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so did switching to a heavier trigger work?
Suggestions on releases greatly appreciated 👍🏻

Zac

WKR
Yes, I got severe target panic with that release. If you like an Index then the new Stan is probably the best option. Another great one is the Carter Like Mike.

Ac338

WKR
I'm using the Stan Xtinction2 with a Like Mike as my back up. I set the tension pretty heavy on my trigger and execute my shot with back tension instead of squeezing the trigger.

fatlander

WKR
“If you think you have target panic, you do.” - Levi Morgan (I think)

It’s getting close to crunch time and if you’re going in with the thought that you have TP, it’s going to be a miserable fall. You can either get a hinge and put the reps in right now to fix the problem, or you can get a hinge next winter after missing some shots that will follow you forever.

I really like my Scott ascent. I also have a nock on silver back. I shoot them both interchangeably, but hunt with the hinge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
Assuming you're talking about an index release? If yes, the B3 Hawk has an option spring that is quite stiff. I dont have tgt panic, but I find the release really helps me use better back tension.

I had the Spot Hogg Wise Guy and like you, couldn't deal with the super light trigger. I recently picked up the Tuff Guy and it has an adjustment that makes the trigger lighter/heaver and still has the same overall feel of my previous release...If the Carter doesn't work out, Tuff Guy might be worth considering...

Rch

FNG
The spot Hogg keeton is a different style of release but has a stiffer trigger with no travel, I like it better than the wise guy.

Trial153

WKR
Carter RX1, or Quicky 1plus can both be adjusted with very hard spring installed.
Also look for an old Scott Rhino XT, they can be adjusted hard with no travel...or just bit the bullet and go to hand held

burlap

FNG
I've got the wise guy, no problems, but I don't shoot like the shops say. I don't want them teaching my brain bad habits for rifle shooting, so I use the pad of my index finger.

I have good (normal) motor control of my finger and normal nerve endings. I think if you were to put on the release and just play with it absent mindedly while watching TV...just slowly and consistently applying pressure, you'll figure it out. It's just like the clutch and gas pedal on a manual car, you just need to understand the pressure required. If you have a physical handicap, then I understand.

I doubt that just buying a new release will solve a training issue.

Oso

FNG
I'm new to the sport, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'm a big fan of the Nock 2 It release.

kcm2

WKR
I love my Spot Hogg Keeton......that's my go-to. Also have a Carter L'il Mike that is excellent but I shoot the keeton better than anything else. YMMV.