Looking for rest and sight recommendation for a new bow.

Buzzkill

FNG
Another vote for Hamskea rests. I have the Trinity model on both my bows and I’ve never had any issues. For sights, both Black Gold And Spot Hogg are quality options. Black Gold tend to be lighter and they have nice bright pins. Spot Hogg may weigh a little more, but they are built like tanks. I personally run the SH dual pin and triple stack models on my bows. If you look in the classifieds you can find some good deals.

i have had good luck with hamskea and spott hogg. i like the double pins and have a tommy hogg and fast eddie on my bows. hha is another good brand that arent as hyped SH and black gold but still have a solid products. seen some crazy deals on them but make sure you get one with a 3rd axis. i didnt have good luck with the black gold slider i had, the dial can strip or mine got stuck and wouldn't change yardages. if you buy used on here or ebay or archery talk and you dont like them, you can get just about all your money back.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Thank you all for the suggestions. The Hamskea rest has already sold, but I’ll keep my eyes out. My focus right now is spring bear. Once I financially recover from that, I will focus on getting the bow and setting it up.

I just bought a used black gold ascent verdict , man is this a quality made sight. Pins are super bright

87TT

WKR
I use and recommend Montana Black Gold Sights and I use QAD HDX rests. All Of the mentioned equipment will work for you but if you aren't fully committed to do what it takes to become proficient with a bow, best to stick with rifle. Good equipment only gets you, good equipment. 50-60 yards is a long long shot. Just my $.02 YMMV
No excuses.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
All Of the mentioned equipment will work for you but if you aren't fully committed to do what it takes to become proficient with a bow, best to stick with rifle. Good equipment only gets you, good equipment. 50-60 yards is a long long shot. Just my $.02 YMMV
No excuses.
I wholeheartedly agree. I plan on becoming very proficient with the bow. In the same context, I work very hard at being in shape for hunting too, but that doesn’t mean I prefer exercise to sitting on my duff eating chips and drinking beer.

The Hamskea Trinity has been bullet proof for me,. For a sight you might want to consider a used Two or 3 pin slider. I used an HHA 3 pin set up as two fixed yardage pins and my bottom pin as the slider if I needed longer ranges. Good luck with things.