Looking for reviews on folding lightweight chassis systems for hunting

I am a sucker for a carbon fiber EH1, but as a backpack hunter who runs a suppressor, I’m considering a folding chassis. My questions are:

How do you carry it on your pack folded up?
What barrel length are you running?
Which chassis?
Are you running suppressed?
Any regrets of switching to a chassis over a quality lightweight stock?

School me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you carry it on your pack folded up? I have carried it several ways but my favorite is a gunbearer on bottom of the pack and two straps over the top. The biggest thing is having the rifle high enough that your scope isn't the first thing that hits when you sit down.
What barrel length are you running? multiple rifles from 24" to 20"
Which chassis? XLR element 4.0
Are you running suppressed? I have one rifle that goes back and forth with a supperssor (20" barrel"
Any regrets of switching to a chassis over a quality lightweight stock? To me the benefits outweigh the cons. It's nice to carry a rifle and have it stay compact without having your barrel catching on branches. It's also nice to be able to sit down and not have to take your pack off first. I also the adjustilitiy of chassis. It doesn't matter if I am shooting or one of my kids. the rifle fits the shooter. I do miss the "feel" of a traditional stock and chassis are cold to the touch. I just wrapped my fore end with talon tape and it helps a ton on the cold factor! Overall I think it's the way to go for me.

Are current folding options advanced enough to not develop play in the folding mechanism? I know of 2 stocks that were warrantied for the fixed version because play developed and started affecting longer range shots.
I would like a folding chassis but from what I have found the reliability isn’t there yet.
Maybe and hopefully Justin and Travis have a different experience.

KHNC

WKR
My XLR has zero play , but it is not light. The magnesium version is much lighter.