Looking for rifle recomendations

Luked

WKR
Looking for some ideas from you all.
Looking to get something new this year and spend some better money than I have in the past for a rifle.
Looking for a 6.5 PRC caliber.
What are some of your alls recomendations on something $1500 and under for gun only.
I have a Leupold VX6 just waiting to go on something nicer than my Howa 1500

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Have you researched straight pull rifles? The Savage Impulse has received good reviews, at least the ones I`ve seen, and the Mountain Hunter variant comes in 6.5 PRC.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I think at that budget, it’d be hard to pass on a tikka…if you can go up to ~$2k opens up more options

gtriple

WKR
Straight pull? Yikes.

I would absolutely not spend $1300+ on a "Roughtech" Tikka. Thats $500+ more than a Lite Stainless or Superlite. For what? A threaded barrel? A grippy paint job on the same crappy factory stock as the Lite versions? Tikka's "upgraded" versions are pretty pitiful IMO. And that's coming from a big Tikka fan.

For $1500 you can buy a used Tikka Lite Stainless ($700) and then pick an aftermarket stock that you like ($400 for Stockys VG Carbon Fiber stock w/ Proof Barrel Channel). Pay a gunsmith $125 to thread it if you want to run a muzzle brake or suppressor.

Or sell the barrel for $100 and buy a prefit for exactly what you want. That'd be about $1500 total and you'd end up with a semi-custom gun.

lak2004

WKR
There are like 4 or 5 guns in the classifieds that are pretty good options. A couple Kimber Montana's, Sako's and seekins. Maybe not in the exact caliber you want. But there are 280 AI, 300wsm and maybe a couple 6.5 prc. If you can up your budget, a used seekins havak element would be great. Or Springfield waypoint for a heavier platform.

Hard to argue with a tikka t3 lite or super lite.

The bergara wilderness carbon would be another great option.

Savage ultralite would also be high on my list. (comes with proof research carbon barrel)

The above three are all in my safe and they are all excellent for slightly different reasons.

Hells canyon speed would be a distant but very good option on my list.

lak2004

WKR
Decide for yourself what you're going to use it for. Does overall weight matter? Chassis vs traditional stock options (plans to re stock in future); barrel length and threaded vs not; trigger quality; accessory options; etc.