Looking for Schnee Timberline information

Royal7

FNG
Hi
As the title says I’m interested in purchasing some Schnee Timberline boots but good reviews seem slim at this point. Hoping to hear some feedback on sizing and thoughts on how stiff/flexible and where it really excelled and where it lacks.

Thanks ahead of time

Richard

MT_Wyatt

WKR
They were really, really flexible when I tried them on. Way softer than I would have guessed. That’s all I know about them. Seemed very well built.

OP
R

Royal7

FNG
Thanks for the input. Flexible in a good or bad way? Did they seem too flexible for hunting on rocky terrain? Did they seem more like a trail hiking boot as opposed to hunting boot? I like the idea of flexible and lightweight but don’t want to feel every rock I step on either haha I’m hoping they offer a little bit kore rigidity than a regular hiking boot.

Bad thing about living on the east coast is places to actually try on are few and far between.

Thanks
Richard

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
The beartooth are about perfect for me, so I assume I’d find the timberline to be a little too flexible.

OP
R

Royal7

FNG
The beartooth are about perfect for me, so I assume I’d find the timberline to be a little too flexible.

Thats a fair comparison. What kind of terrain are you mostly traversing? I'm not going to be sheep hunting on those kind of rock faces in the near future but do want some support.

Thanks
Richard

I found the the Beartooths to be a little to flexible for my liking here in the Eastern mountains. This is a very subjective thing, but I would not want the Timberline based on it's #1 flex rating.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Thats a fair comparison. What kind of terrain are you mostly traversing? I'm not going to be sheep hunting on those kind of rock faces in the near future but do want some support.

Thanks
Richard

Hiking trails where they’re on the stiff side of comfortable but ok, and rocky Arizona mountains where they’re perfect with a light pack. I haven’t done a heavy packout yet, hopefully they’re stiff enough.

I love mine, unbelievably comfortable. I would agree with other folks, definitely more flexible than other boots I’ve worn (Scarpa, La Sportiva, etc). I’ve never had issues with blisters or hot spots in the Schnees. In terms of sizing, I typically wear a 10.5 either regular or narrow and years of squeezing into ski boots and whatnot has left me with some gnarled toes. Always used to get blisters on top of my middle toe no matter what boots/socks I wore or how I laced my boots. It seems like the toe box on the Schnees allows for just enough room so it doesn’t feel like you’re swimming in them but you’ve got enough room that your toes aren’t constricted. I admittedly haven’t put the Schnees through any expedition-style hunts but whether chasing high alpine trout or wide open uplands I’ve had nothing but great experiences with mine. Let me know If you’ve got any more specific questions and I’ll try to answer as best I can.

OP
R

Royal7

FNG
thanks all for the input. will be testing them out this spring so ill give some feedback on my experience as well.

Royal

10ringer

WKR
thanks all for the input. will be testing them out this spring so ill give some feedback on my experience as well.

Royal

Just curious if you were able to put the Timberlines to use and have some feedback. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Royal7

FNG
I actually went with the beartooth ii. From the impression I got it sounded like the timberlines may be just a bit too flexible. They both have been on backorder for quite some time and I actually just got mine a couple weeks back. I think I recently got an email that both are back in stock. So far I love them. Haven’t put a ton of miles on them still in the break-in period But have no complaints thus far. Really like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a pair of Timberlines and absolutely love them. The fit is great. I love the sinching down eyelet near the ankle, it allows you to tighten down the laces over your foot then continue up without losing compression.

I upgraded these from a pair of Outlook (not Evo) and they're much better even though I liked the Outlook

put over 75 miles on my timberlines last season. loved the fit and construction. I light a flexable and light weight boot.....however my feet did not enjoy them. after 5 miles or so my feet were in rough shape and at the end of my 12 mile round trip I wanted to die..... tried green feet insole and got me a bit further beofe pain started but still not good...sent them back and got full refund store credit...

TFord250

FNG
So..you put 75mi on a them and they happily exchanged for store credit? Not calling you out, simply curious if their customer service is that bad@ss?

TFord250

FNG
I've been eyeing the Timberlines to replace said Ticams II's

In Regards to stiffness, can anyone attest to the stiffness of Ticams vs Timberlines comparatively? I'm a 14 4E in most shoes, 13 4E in most boots

So..you put 75mi on a them and they happily exchanged for store credit? Not calling you out, simply curious if their customer service is that bad@ss?

I hunted a full season (appx 350 miles) in the previous version of the Beartooth mid in 13W I had fit in the store. Packed out a bull 5 miles one way and stopped in the following year describing the numb toe I was getting, they took the boots because the new version was supposed to come in. Well new version got delayed until after the season started so they credited me a gift card. I waited until the next summer 2018 and talked with Curt the Manager to help me decide on the Beartooth mid or Timberline in 14W. Beartooth mid in 14 W with the new pacing system has been great. I can’t help but go back with my business after that.

Trial153

WKR
I cant speak for the tinberlines but I can speak for the CS. I goofed on an order i placed, totally my mistake. I emailed them and they took care of it no questions asked. Really good experience. I put them on my list from there and book marked them to my gear folder.
Seem like soild place to deal with.

Clrems77

WKR
I love mine, unbelievably comfortable. I would agree with other folks, definitely more flexible than other boots I’ve worn (Scarpa, La Sportiva, etc). I’ve never had issues with blisters or hot spots in the Schnees. In terms of sizing, I typically wear a 10.5 either regular or narrow and years of squeezing into ski boots and whatnot has left me with some gnarled toes. Always used to get blisters on top of my middle toe no matter what boots/socks I wore or how I laced my boots. It seems like the toe box on the Schnees allows for just enough room so it doesn’t feel like you’re swimming in them but you’ve got enough room that your toes aren’t constricted. I admittedly haven’t put the Schnees through any expedition-style hunts but whether chasing high alpine trout or wide open uplands I’ve had nothing but great experiences with mine. Let me know If you’ve got any more specific questions and I’ll try to answer as best I can.

Saw your post on sizing. I also normally wear a 10.5/11 in shoes and boots. My Schenee hunter Pac boots are a 10. Would you say the Timberline 10.5 are "True to size for you"?

LJ Buck

WKR
I love mine. I have hunted in shale rock with a heavy pack that are far less supportive and stiff.

I typically run the Granite’s when backpack hunting but that’s cause I like the 200g of insulation.

Saw your post on sizing. I also normally wear a 10.5/11 in shoes and boots. My Schenee hunter Pac boots are a 10. Would you say the Timberline 10.5 are "True to size for you"?
Yes. I have a pair of Pac boots in 11 that fit well in heavy wool socks (I rarely wear them except in the coldest and wettest conditions). I had a pair of gen 1 Beartooths in 10 that were a little tight. The Timberlines with a mid weight merino hiking sock are my go-to system.