Looking for some help with getting into shape for next year

doughnut

FNG
Not sure if I can add much to the conversation that someone else hasn't already said. I guess you can tell from the comments above that diet is the absolute most important thing followed by exercise. Also consistency in whatever kind of diet and exercise you choose to do.

Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you have to starve yourself. This kind of dieting is doomed to fail. If it is fried or comes in a box start cutting out. Spend most of your time shopping in the fresh produce section. Ditch soft drinks and other sugary drinks and drink plenty of water. I started doing this in my early 20s and now prefer to drink water over anything else.

Keep your exercising interesting by doing different things. There are alot of things that can be fun while getting exercise such as biking, hiking, kayaking, swimming, etc. Inviting friends and family to join can also make it seem less like work. As someone stated earlier circuit training would be a good idea because it will keep your heart rate up providing cardio while building strength. This helps to cut gym time down.

Start out slow and take on more as you go. Set realistic goals and set out to achieve them. It is not going to be easy. You are going to cheat on your diet, and you are going to miss workouts, but just don't make it a habit. Main thing is don't give up on yourself. The only thing holding you back is you. Good luck on your journey. I wish you the best.

Xanderzuj

FNG
I would suggest orange theory or f45 if you want meal plan/options. The monitors also let you know whether or not you’re ACTUALLY pushing yourself

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
This thread was actually quite helpful. Cutting out fried items from my life was the single best decision of my life trust me. It’s more unhealthy than we can even imagine. But yes I’m looking forward to using this thread and getting my routine and diet a lil better.