Looking for some lightweight outerwear

j_mcrane

FNG
I’m looking for some recommendations for lightweight outer ware options. I live in Alberta Canada. Rain gear, mid layers, and packable jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What animals are you hunting and what hunting style? I ask since the clothing requirements for chasing bighorn is different than chasing deer. Also, the clothing requirements are different for spot and stalk versus sitting in a blind or stand.

I’m looking for some recommendations for lightweight outer ware options. I live in Alberta Canada. Rain gear, mid layers, and packable jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunted 12 days straight near Beaverlodge wearing FL Aerowool base, a Sitka core lightweight hoody, a Kelvin vest and Depoint rain gear. The built-in mask on the core hoody saved me from the bugs in the swamps.

MOOSEMAN2.jpg
MOOSE2.jpg

tdot

WKR
Does it rain in Alberta? I thought it's just snow and sunshine over there :)

I've been happy with my Kuiu gear, not happy with the Sitka gear I had (from 6-7 years ago, maybe better now?), if you dont care about noise then Arcteryx and Arcteryx Leaf are both awesome.
I've used my Kuiu in both BC and Alberta, north and south and it has been probably my most consistently high performing gear that I have. Even over my Arcteryx stuff.

But it all really depends on the weather you are going to see, exertion level and style of hunting.

darpoh

FNG
Second the Eddie Bauer. They seem to have a 60%+ sale that never seems to end.