Looking for some OnX maps clarification.....

MT-ED

FNG
Howdy folks,

I just had something weird occur with my OnX maps. I had "recorded" a couple of tracks on my phone recently. I just now pulled up "my contents" on my phone, and with OnX maps pulled up on my laptop, I hit the "sync" button on my phone, with the intent of bringing up to date, my laptop maps.

What is weird, and has NEVER occured to me before was, ALL of the tracks and waypoints that I had showing ON MY PHONE MAPS were gone! I then went back to "my content", at the bottom of my phone, and when it came up, all of my tracks and way points were listed there, even though they no longer showed on my phone map. It appears to get any of these tracks or way points back on my phone map, I must go through EVERY single one and "edit" it to get it back on the phone maps? Does anyone out there know how to re-establish my tracks and way points in "my content" list back onto my phone maps, without having to go through the laborous.....make that torturous.....process of editing each one and re-saving it?

I've already hit the "sync" button again, thinking this would basically make both my phone maps and laptop maps identical, but alas, it does NOT do this!

And.....while I'm at it can anyone direct me to where I may get an explanation of what the "filter" button does and is used for? I'm always afraid to press too many buttons when I do not know what they do, for fear of deleting everything I've worked so hard to accumulate!

Also.....in the "my content" section on my phone, when I have the "sort" listed as "type", "filter" listed as "none", and the "only show content on map above" NOT highlighted, right above the list of way points and tracks it states "listing 110 of 120". Why is it NOT listing everything? How can I get it to list everything?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I suppose this is all so very intuitive to the younger OnX users, but it is not so for me, but I love it.......when I understand how it works!!

Well folks......if you have taken all the time to read that above, I have something to share. On a wild a$$ed whim, which I have done at other times that OnX maps is misbehaving, I "restarted" my phone. Yep, I'm finding out this works much much better than slamming it hard onto the table to "fix" problems with it. I don't know why or how it did it, but just restarting my phone and activating my OnX maps app, has returned EVERYTHING BACK JUST LIKE BEFORE!

I still don't understand what all the filter stuff is about, so if anyone would like to take a whack at that for me...........I'd be forever ingratiated
Thank you!

wapitibob

WKR
If my user data is intact on my web map, I can delete the onx app from my phone, re install the app, open the app, then swipe up to sync from the web side to the phone.
They are currently working on adding some features to the web side and phone app and I have seen some odd behavior but it gets cleaned up with a new release, so far anyway.

currently you can "sort" by "type" of content, new to old dates, or numerically. In addition to the "sort" function, you can "filter" that sorted data by a "sub set" of data features; currently data that was shared with you, photos you may have associated with a data point, or waypoint color or type. If you sort by type, then filter by waypoint color, picking one of the color options, it will sort your waypoints based on color.

Last edited:

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
@MT-ED

If you ever run into any issues, give us a call at 406-540-1600 and our team in Montana can help walk you through any features so you can fully utilize the app! Glad to hear everything refreshed as sometimes that's all it takes.