Looking for suggestions on Tripods and accessories.

I just bought a Vortex Razor HD 20-60X85 (ANGLED) spotting scope and have zero experience with tripods and what head/attachments I may need. This is geared towards a backcountry hunt where I would also use my binos on the tripod as well. I am also interested in an attachment that I could clamp to the side of a deer stand when I am hunting at my friend's place in Texas.

I have seen some tripods and heads listed for hundreds of dollars but I would like to get a more budget-friendly setup for now.

Hi
There are a lot of good options for you at a reasonable price. Give me a call to discuss them. I am here u ntil 5:45 today and Tuesday from 7:30-4:00

I once bought a tripod off ebay for $15 including shipping.....it's not very good, and I don't trust it with optics, but if cheap is all you care about that's one option. If you actually want value give joel a call, he's taken good care of me.

Cheap light sturdy. You can pick two. Makes no sense to pay 1k plus for optics and put it on a shaky tripod. Spend a little on a good tripod and panhead and you’ll be happy. Gitzo manfrotto Slik promaster etc. manfrotto 700rc2 is a great head and pretty light. Some people like the benros but the ones I’ve used were very sloppy.

redpep

Lil-Rokslider
Slik carbon fiber tripod with a manfroto pan head, the only way to go.

Not the highest end setup, and I would like to try a carbon fiber tripod some day, but for the price, stability, weight, packability, smoothness, etc, I don't have many complaints about the Slik Sprint Pro II and a Benro S2 panhead. Total package cost me around $125.

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
What's your budget? Good glass deserves a solid foundation. I really like Leofoto tripods. If you want cheaper, Field Optics Research is a cool brand to check out!

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used my razor 20-60x85 for 3 years on a vanguard tripod setup. Spotter cost me $1200 new, tripod came with a head, it was $90. Worked fine for my needs. I run a $350 tripod setup now tho. Still works the same, just sturdier and way smoother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I ran a cheap vanguard and vortex set up for a while. They got the job done but I much prefer my field optics tripod plus it has a lot of extra features I like! It isnt cheap but it is a little more budget friendly than some others! I have a discount code for them if you want an extra 10% off. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you a code

Columbus day sale here through Monday. Save 10-25% on all tripods, heads

Give us a call
516-217-1000

Joel

CAH

FNG
Slik 634cf and a benro S2 panhead. It doesn't get much better in my opinion.

The new model on that Slik is the CF634. That setup, Slik CF-634 and Benroe S2 is on special this weekend
Regular price $334.94, on sale for $299.99

Give us a call

I also run an angled 65 mm Vortex Razor Hd. I talked with the guys at Camera Land who are great to work with. I ended up going with the Promaster xcm 525ck which works great. I run it with just the ball head to save weight.

El_fuego

FNG
I run a slik carbon fiber Tripod and love it. I too started w/ a lower budget tripod and ran the vortex summit as. The comparison, or lack there of is no joke. The slik cf tripods are amazingly sturdy for their weight. The biggest thing I am in love with though is my head. I have a sirui va-5 and everyone I’ve convinced are blown away. I would be ok with a lower quality tripod as long as I could mount a va-5 on it. Do yourself a favor and check out Cody with Gohunt. He’s a great guy and helped answer all my questions. He’s got some great videos on YouTube to help you out as well.

I have one of the vortex tripods that I bought after last season when I bought my spotter. I’ve used it on one trip and contemplated throwing it off the side of the mountain multiple times a day! I’m looking at the pro master or slik now just can’t decide which one I like more

manitou1

WKR
Call Joel at Cameraland, tell him your budget and needs and he will get you going... and save you some money.

I have one of the vortex tripods that I bought after last season when I bought my spotter. I’ve used it on one trip and contemplated throwing it off the side of the mountain multiple times a day! I’m looking at the pro master or slik now just can’t decide which one I like more

The major advantage of the Promaster is the no fault warranty. Both make excellent tripods