Looking for Texas Barbary sheep recommendations.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m looking for recommendations for a free range texas Barbary Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
Give a look at high west outfitters. I was a spectator on the hunt with a buddy of mine. We had a great experience with a guide named Creed Cade. Hunt was south of Alpine, TX almost to the border.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Give a look at high west outfitters. I was a spectator on the hunt with a buddy of mine. We had a great experience with a guide named Creed Cade. Hunt was south of Alpine, TX almost to the border.
I’ll look into them, thanks!

Antares

WKR
Well I had some New Mexicans set me straight when I was talking about “aoudad” in NM.

Anyway, I’m excited for you and your dad. Barbary sheep is one of the down south hunts I’m really interested in.

schmalzy

WKR
westtexashunt.com and huntaoudad.com both get some solid feedback. I did a diy hunt w/ the first and had a blast. Wasn’t successful, but I wouldn’t hesitate to book a guided trip with them at all.

Not sure on wether you and your dad will want to camp/lodge/etc but there’s quite a range of accommodation on those hunts so make sure to ask specifically.

It can get pretty damn hot on September and October hunts if that’s a factor for y’all.

Like seemingly everything else, I’d call and book soon. These hunts have gotten extremely popular.

Hope y’all have an awesome time, excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westtexashunt.com and huntaoudad.com both get some solid feedback. I did a diy hunt w/ the first and had a blast. Wasn’t successful, but I wouldn’t hesitate to book a guided trip with them at all.

Not sure on wether you and your dad will want to camp/lodge/etc but there’s quite a range of accommodation on those hunts so make sure to ask specifically.

It can get pretty damn hot on September and October hunts if that’s a factor for y’all.

Like seemingly everything else, I’d call and book soon. These hunts have gotten extremely popular.

Hope y’all have an awesome time, excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X 2 Mike will treat you right. www.westtexashunt.com

Mojave

WKR
Hunted Baracho Peak ranch. They also had free ranging elk, mule deer, red sheep and javelina.

sdcowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Look into Aherns ranch. Went with them a couple years ago. Can’t tell you how many sheep we seen. The hunt was awesome. The food was unbelievable to. Me and my buddy both killed gold metal rams.

JLMUELZ

FNG
Roy Hurley with H.E. Sproul Ranch in Fort Davis, Texas. Biggest recommendation I have is save up for the extra trophy fee and shoot two.

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
There are quite a few good Aoudad outfitters in west tx. In no particular order here are a few that come to mind.

HIGH WEST OUTFITTERS
DOUBLE DIAMOND OUTFITTERS
AHRENS OUTFITTING
H. E. SPROUL RANCH