Looking for WY NR Elk Wilderness Outfitter/Guide

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Me and my hunting buddy are looking for a guided WY NR Elk Wilderness Rifle Hunt for NR’s. We have 12 points. Any suggestions?

PNWGATOR

WKR

OP
NABG Hunter

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider

WOW...thank you! Any personal experience with any of them?

PNWGATOR

WKR
Zero personal experience with any of them, but these outfitters all offer my dream elk hunt as a non resident and I’ve done my due diligence.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted archery two years ago in cloud peak wilderness with triple three outfitters based out of Buffalo. He know the area, solid camp, great cook. Nice terrain, no wolves. Went back the following season and did a cow elk hunt with him at another location. PM me if you need more info

buzzy

WKR
I’m hunting with John Porter in unit 51-1 this year. I have 2 shy of max points so looked at trophy units. Shoshone lodge outfitters and Crandal Creek Outfitters were good options as well. With 12 points do your due dilligence to hunt a trophy unit.

I hope to hunt with Yellowstone Outfitters but they are booked until 2027 and you only need a few points to draw a general tag so I wouldn't use your points here. Good luck

j_volt

WKR
Most true wilderness hunts don't take 12 points, but no shame in cashing in for a great hunt.

Both Yellowstone and Triangle X can be hunted on general tags. I am going with Yellowstone in 2025. I can assure you that Yellowstone and Triangle X won't have any 2022 openings. Constant Quest Outfitters (also runs a camp in the Thorofare) may have some openings for 2022.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
Most true wilderness hunts don't take 12 points, but no shame in cashing in for a great hunt.

Both Yellowstone and Triangle X can be hunted on general tags. I am going with Yellowstone in 2025. I can assure you that Yellowstone and Triangle X won't have any 2022 openings. Constant Quest Outfitters (also runs a camp in the Thorofare) may have some openings for 2022.
Which hunt do you have booked with Yellowstone in 2025? I’m booked on the 2nd rifle hunt (end of Sept - early October) that year with them.

To the OP: with 12 points I would first find the best units that you can for sure draw, then call every outfitter in those units and get references and call them. Go hunt or huntin fool might be a good source of info for someone in your shoes.

DanimalW

WKR
Are there any outfitters in Wyoming that just pack you into the wilderness and let you hunt on your own for an affordable price? Or does the law pretty much require someone to hold your hand as a NR hunter?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are there any outfitters in Wyoming that just pack you into the wilderness and let you hunt on your own for an affordable price? Or does the law pretty much require someone to hold your hand as a NR hunter?
Hand holding is required

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

bugleor

FNG
I’m hunting with John Porter in unit 51-1 this year. I have 2 shy of max points so looked at trophy units. Shoshone lodge outfitters and Crandal Creek Outfitters were good options as well. With 12 points do your due dilligence to hunt a trophy unit.

I hope to hunt with Yellowstone Outfitters but they are booked until 2027 and you only need a few points to draw a general tag so I wouldn't use your points here. Good luck
Hi Buzzy hd some questions about John Porters camp and don't know how to DM but could probably figure out if you was still available ,thanks