Looking Into New Trekking Pole Tent

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Luxe Rocket Tarp that I have used for a couple years now on solo trips. Never fails that any rain overnight and the nylon stretches like crazy and sags down on you and your gear soaking everything. I am in the market now for a new style trekking pole tent. I build my own titanium stoves so making it a hot tent is not 100% necessary but would be nice. I run a Sawtooth for most my later season hunts but want something smaller and lighter for early season hunts and scouting. I have narrowed my current search down to the below 3. I am all ears however to suggestions if anyone has fist hand good and bad on these tents.

Gossamer The Two $375 + shipping
Light 28 oz. total
Doesn't look like adding a stove jack would be possible
Smaller vestibule

SO Eolus $404 + shipping
Colorado company
Heavy 42 oz. total
Large vestibule for gear
Removable nest for hot tent option

Kuiu Summit Refuge $517 + shipping
Heavy 42 oz. total
Lots of room inside
Hot tent compatible

Wanting to get away from long tarp setup but open to other ideas as well. Want to be light with nest option.

Eolus seems like a sweet option but once you add a nest they are less appealing IMO.

The Two seems nice and super light but 10d is some thin stuff.

TT stratospire Li is the ultimate option IMO but not cheap.

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
+1 to the X-Mid. You'll have to pay a premium on the secondary market until they release the next batch in a month or two. I love the weight, size and features on my 1P.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
+1 to the X-Mid. You'll have to pay a premium on the secondary market until they release the next batch in a month or two. I love the weight, size and features on my 1P.
What are those generally running new? I can't find pricing on their website right now on them.

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
What are those generally running new? I can't find pricing on their website right now on them.
I think it was $225 for the 1P and $300 for the 2P if you are able to get it direct from Amazon. Secondary market is about 50% more than that right now.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Not in a huge rush so I will see what the market does on them this fall.

I paid $280 directly to DROP for my X-Mid 2P. Great tent. Looks to me like you could add a stove jack pretty easily. Here in the Deep South we use the inner due to all the bugs. Out West, a great tent that won't sag when cold or hold water due to the Poly fabric.

I like what I see to start out with. Thank you

Moserkr

WKR
Seek Outside Silvertip should get consideration. It has stove capabilities. I use its predecessor solo, the BT2 with a 12” stove, and its very warm/storm worthy. Its pitched with a trekking pole and a 1oz, 12” extender from ruta locura. The BT2 weighs 34oz all in, and surprisingly SO does not have the silvertip weight listed. Retail is in the budget range from your post. Plenty of room for 1 guy, stove, and lots of gear. Also can add a nest made for it.

If money and supply chain issues were no object, Id get the dcf cimarron. Thats on my dream list and I hope its back by next season. At 21oz, room for 2, and with the ability to “stand”, its high on my list.

Check out the Black diamond distance tent. I run in it and I really like it. Super lightweight, easy setup and sturdy in the wind.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Seek Outside Silvertip should get consideration. It has stove capabilities. I use its predecessor solo, the BT2 with a 12” stove, and its very warm/storm worthy. Its pitched with a trekking pole and a 1oz, 12” extender from ruta locura. The BT2 weighs 34oz all in, and surprisingly SO does not have the silvertip weight listed. Retail is in the budget range from your post. Plenty of room for 1 guy, stove, and lots of gear. Also can add a nest made for it.

If money and supply chain issues were no object, Id get the dcf cimarron. Thats on my dream list and I hope its back by next season. At 21oz, room for 2, and with the ability to “stand”, its high on my list.
I have had some single pole TP style tents before and not a fan. Definitely want to go with the double pole set up for longer ridge line. Various reasons for this in my opinion but thank you for the input.

Moserkr

WKR
I have had some single pole TP style tents before and not a fan. Definitely want to go with the double pole set up for longer ridge line. Various reasons for this in my opinion but thank you for the input.
No worries. Curious as to your experience/opinion with the singles that pushed you towards the double?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Last 2P Durston I saw was $455 and climbing... think it may still be on Ebay or just finished.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk