Looking Into New Trekking Pole Tent

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Lanshan 2 (sometimes branded under Mier also) from aliexpress (also have them on amazon). It's the same design and most trekking pole tents but much more budget friendly. I have been very impressed with the quality considering the price. Check out some reviews, most people have good experiences.
One day I'd like to pick up a new tent from an American company, but for now it's just not manageable from a budget perspective.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Eolus seems like a sweet option but once you add a nest they are less appealing IMO.

The Two seems nice and super light but 10d is some thin stuff.

TT stratospire Li is the ultimate option IMO but not cheap.
Does anyone have experience setting up the TT stratospire 2? Seems to be a little more complicated than the Durston square base but maybe I am over thinking it. I am pretty used to having to set up the tent during an afternoon storm here in CO so being able to throw down 4 stakes quickly and easily to set up the tent would be a huge advantage. They both look easy to set up on the videos but the TT reviews have several people complaining of how hard it is to get set right. That said there are some pretty dense people that leave reviews on this stuff so I would rather take advise from Rokslide members.

WRM

WKR
Mountain Laurels Designs Trailstar if you want a bombproof setup in wind/weather. Not hot tentable, but Sil version is pretty easy on the wallet and, pitched properly, it will withstand just about anything.

CO-AJ

WKR
I have a SO Cimarron in DCF with the stove jack. Works great and is super light, not cheap. You can use trekking poles for the center pole or just get the carbon fiber pole which I really like. Cimarron has a couple of nest options and I purchased a LBO nest which is smaller since I use it as a 1p tent. For something smaller and lighter I also have a Z-Packs Altaplex. Both tents are DCF and extremely light. The LBO nest definitely adds weight, but you dont need it all the time.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Eolus with nest is actually a sweet setup. Nest is really well done, with dual entrances .. whole thing sets up super easy .. still under 3 lbs and a lot more space than most