Looking to buy Tablet for mapping and trail cams

GoatPackr

WKR
I'm looking to buy a tablet to use for mapping software such as OnX as well as viewing pics from trail cams.
I have no idea about all the teck stuff to look at.
My want list is this.
Android because I am familiar with android the most.
I want water proof rugged. I'll put it in a goat pannier with some padding.
I don't need to make cell phone calls so prefer to not pay for that option.
Thinking 8" screen maybe as large as 10"
I need it to be WIFI and Bluetooth capable.
Would like a screen that is easier to see in sunlight.
Going to need a lot of memory for all the downloaded maps as I hunt multiple states.
I don't do social media or play games or movies.
It's a tool that needs to be thrown in the truck or in the pack.
Good camera would be nice.
Battery life is pretty important.

Anyone running something like this or have good recommendations. Price around 3-$400 ish

Kris

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
Thank you.
I had a fire tablet a few years ago. Wife purchased it for me as a favor. Hated it so much I didn't even use it.

I'll check out the Best Buy options. I've been looking at Amazon but I'm confused with all the options.

Kris

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
One thing to make sure of is that the tablet has a GPS receiver in it as well. Sometimes WIFI only tablets will not have a GPS receiver, which means onX, and other mapping apps, will not be able to show your location on the map. Most cellular enabled tablets will included a GPS receiver. You can always check with our customer support to check on a list of tablets that are not compatible with onX. Feel free to email us at [email protected] and we can help answer questions you may have.

OP
G

GoatPackr

WKR
One thing to make sure of is that the tablet has a GPS receiver in it as well. Sometimes WIFI only tablets will not have a GPS receiver, which means onX, and other mapping apps, will not be able to show your location on the map. Most cellular enabled tablets will included a GPS receiver. You can always check with our customer support to check on a list of tablets that are not compatible with onX. Feel free to email us at [email protected] and we can help answer questions you may have.
Now that's something I didn't know. Thanks a bunch

Kris