Looking to fill a general deer tag i had from a left over Idaho elk hunt

kvw4x4

Lil-Rokslider
iHey fellow roksliders,

Im a Washington resident and have a general Idaho deer tag, looking to try and fill it in a unti near the Washington border, eyeing unit 8, does any one have any advice on deer in this unit, population, info about the land where to find the deer, maybe private access contact, willing to also pay a bit or trade for some good Idaho elk intel,
feel free to pm or text me 3608153198 with info you would rather not post publicly,

Thanks Kevin

Isn't 8 full of private ground? I think a lot of farm ground with looks of whitetail. I would look for areas around that farm ground.

OP
kvw4x4

kvw4x4

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't 8 full of private ground? I think a lot of farm ground with looks of whitetail. I would look for areas around that farm ground.

yes mostly private, some areas with public access, i have had decent luck getiing permission on private land maybe it will be different for me as a non resident but just interested in the deer activity especially along the Potlatch drainages...

yes mostly private, some areas with public access, i have had decent luck getiing permission on private land maybe it will be different for me as a non resident but just interested in the deer activity especially along the Potlatch drainages...
We used to hunt 10a before the wolves took over. Unit 8 has some toads for whitetail in it.

Huntnnw

WKR
look into the tribal hunting areas, pretty sure you can buy a permit and hunt lands. I just a saw a tribal booklet at a IDFG game office next to regs and a guy up the road hunts it. Look for timber co land on basemaps or onx. Unit 5 has lots of timber co land and also the Godde land thats available to hunt with a free permit from IDFG