looking to start

Roper_25

FNG
Hey guys, so I am looking to get into reloading (which I am sure I'm not the only one) is anyone selling a equipment set or know where to buy a good starter kit?

takdrvr

FNG
You could check local sporting goods stores to see what’s available. Midway USA, Cabelas, Bass Pro sell starter kits that have everything you need to get started besides the dies. You can upgrade from there as you need to.

OP
R

Roper_25

FNG
well all those places are sold out from what I can tell for kits at least.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
If you're serious about getting into reloading I would spend more time looking for components like primers, powder and bullets rather than a press or a kit. Presses and equipment have been popping up more and more and prices on them are starting to come back down. While components are still scarce.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, so I am looking to get into reloading (which I am sure I'm not the only one) is anyone selling a equipment set or know where to buy a good starter kit?
Check out Scheel's. They've had presses and kits in lately, both single stage and progressive. I do wish I didn't buy the Redding kit I did but it served the purpose you seem to be looking for.

Rob5589

WKR
Keep your eye on all the mail order companies and any classified sections of hunting and shooting websites you are on. And don't expect to be reloading any time soon, unless you get real lucky or over pay.

Check out Scheel's. They've had presses and kits in lately, both single stage and progressive. I do wish I didn't buy the Redding kit I did but it served the purpose you seem to be looking
Scheels is the most underrated, under advertised sporting goods super center. I cant think of one negative thing I've experienced with them either in store or online.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
I do wish I didn't buy the Redding kit I did but it served the purpose you seem to be looking for.
This isn't a knock on Redding, rather it's that the Big Boss press and case lube pad are the only things I still use today from the kit it came with.

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
I would do some research and hand pick out the equipment you need. The kits are nice for a little while but you won't use everything in it and you'll end up upgrading each piece then pretty soon all you have left from the kit is the press. Decide on how much you want to spend and then go from there.

rayporter

WKR
it certainly will help to have someone to talk to about the process. a mentor that understands you are starting from ground zero and does not steer you to all the sxxx
it takes to be king of 2 miles [ and yes that is a real competition]

grow slow and you will have less gear that will set on the shelf forever.

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a press for sale if you're interested.