Losing an animal sucks.

87TT

WKR
So there I was stalking silently towards my prey, when suddenly I had two sharp eyes staring at me. I took aim and fired before he could bust out. I felt good at the clean break of the shot. But he ran off seemingly unhurt. I followed him hoping for a follow up shot but no luck. He disappeared into the cover. I did a grid search but no luck. If you hunt long enough, it will happen to you but the bad feeling still hurts. The second guessing and what if'ing.

Yep, when my prey (a mouse) was under the credenza when I saw him. I grabbed my trusty Red Ryder rifle and the stalk was on. After the shot, he ran to the kitchen under a stool. As I was closing in he scurried under the stove never to be seen again that night. The next day, I found a dead mouse near the back porch by the dogs bowl. It looked like the same critter but how can you tell? When I went to dispose of the mouse, I got an idea. Soooo, I took a large magnet and put the mouse near it. Sure enough, it stuck to it from the steel BB in it.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
I just want to know what kind of pack he used.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Well it's good to know regardless of the animal, they head for water when they are Bleeding on the inside!

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Like elk, them rodents are tough. They can take a lot of damage to bring them down. I probably bumped him. Should have let him go overnight. Oh wait, I did.

WRM

WKR
Thinking big refrigerator magnets. Maybe some flat brim hats.

Put me down. I've secretly always wanted to be a flat brimmer. Maybe a line of custom rifles too--Bug A Salt seems to be doing pretty damn well.