Lost money in a scam - What rangefinder should I buy?

Magnum61

Not too long ago I lost $900 on a post to sell a SigKilo2400ABS

Was looking to do that and a set of Swaros to celebrate being back into hunting after a 5-year wait because of my work.

Decided against the new Swaro EL Range but now I'm back to the table on everything. I have a Kestrel, thought about doing a simple Leica or Maven rangefinder and calling it done but then I start reading about other options.

Since many have solid setups they trust, I'd love to hear any recommendations. I'm only a rifle hunter so I'm not worried about any bow necessities.

Thanks in advance!

Antares

I’ve been using the Leupold 1600. I like it just fine. Regularly gives me ranges over 1000 yards on non reflective targets.

Sled

if i were only a rifle hunter i'd consider some el ranges. since i'm not i now own a maven rangefinder. i had a leica 1600b stolen last month and previously used several leupold models. good luck with your search

Mojave

I am not convinced that for most western hunting it is preferrable to have a optic and laser range finder in the same unit.

Hunting in a tree stand it makes more sense.

I wish I would have a combined unit in Germany a couple of years ago on my roe hunts.

tdot

I certainly prefer my Leica 1600 vs the 2 different EL ranges that I've tried. I don't see a reason to combine the bino + range finder, atleast not yet, the rangefinders are progressing too quickly and I don't personally want to be swapping out Alpha glass every 3-5 years. Plan to switch to the Leica 3500 when I see them on sale. Maybe the following setup will be an integrated system in a few years.