Lost Taste!

Bobbyboe

WKR
*** Please no bickering!***

I tested positive for Covid on 11/30 and fully lost taste and smell on the 1st or 2nd. As of today, 12/9, I have only regained about 10 to 15% taste capability and 5% smell. For those that were Covid positive and lost taste and smell, how long did it last? Was there any type of treatment that helped regain those senses?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Girlfriend lost smell. Came back after a week. She didn’t lose taste. I had a mild headache (sinus pressure) for 3 days. Never would have guessed I had it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
*** Please no bickering!***

I tested positive for Covid on 11/30 and fully lost taste and smell on the 1st or 2nd. As of today, 12/9, I have only regained about 10 to 15% taste capability and 5% smell. For those that were Covid positive and lost taste and smell, how long did it last? Was there any type of treatment that helped regain those senses?
oh no bro! Sorry to hear this. Hopefully no complications for you!

And ya, what he said, no bickering!!!!

(I could probably afford to lose my taste for a few weeks and lose that nagging 5lbs)

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Lost taste and smell for a week and a half to 2 weeks. Then it started slowly coming back. Sweet tastes took the longest to come back.
I could fill my hands with hand sanitizer and put it right to my nose and nothing.

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
Had It beginning of november. I still haven’t fully regained sense of smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I had it in July. I never lost smell but some things tasted terrible. Soda still tastes awful but that's probably a good thing. My wife still hasn't regained her smell or taste.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
luckily I didn't lose smell or taste but I took wilderness athlete altitude advantage for the tight chest and it worked great.

My friend lost her smell and taste for 2 weeks and is just starting to get hers back.

(I could probably afford to lose my taste for a few weeks and lose that nagging 5lbs)

haha same here

Fatcamp

WKR
Between patients and co-workers have seen lost sense of taste from not at all to months. Good luck.

I completely lost my sense of smell and most of my sense of taste 3-4 days after initial symptoms appeared (persistent headache, fatigue, body aches, minor sinus congestion). It took me about 10 days after the sudden sensory loss to fully regain taste and about 14 days to fully regain smell. I didn't receive any treatment, just waited it out. Except for the extended sensory loss, the whole ordeal was no different than a moderate case of the common cold.

CorbLand

WKR
A couple of my family members got there's back pretty quick. Less than 10 days.

The other night my wife told me she wishes she would catch it and lose her sense of smell...I will leave it up to your imagination of why that would be.

I lost my smell and taste the 23 of September. Yesterday I could smell hot dogs in the lunch room at 8 in the morning. It turn out it was coffee. Lol...I'm pretty much thinking its never coming back the way it was. I just hope I can smell elk in September in 21....

Wapiti1

WKR
I'm wearing plaid pyjama bottoms with a paisley t-shirt & flowery slippers.

Not sure if that's at all relevant.
Aren't you from a country that isn't known for fashion? Or good food. But can build the "best" firearms known to man, woman and beast?

Jeremy

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Ugh, for me the worst symptoms are loss of taste and smell. The other symptoms were similar to a head cold with sinus pressure and stuffy nose. No fever, fatigue or body aches. I did have a slight cough on day 7 or 8 with minor chest congestion. That only lasted a day.

Overall for me, no different than a mild/moderate cold, except for the loss of senses. I never would have realized how depressing it is to not smell or taste. You defiantly take for granted senses until you lose them.