Lost Taste!

WKR
I finally picked up a small bag of Black Rifle coffee to try. On day 2 I couldn’t smell or taste it at all. It took about ten days to regain my taste fully. I wasted a good bag of coffee, should have switched to Folgers during that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Black rifles cause covid? Those sneaky bastards.

Conroy

WKR
Glad you a doing better. How did you know you had a PE? Scary stuff...
Around 3:30 pm I had some pain under my arm pit that seemed to be coming from my chest. I got up and walked around a little bit and the pain kind of went away. Later in the evening I had more pain, but in my chest. I am 48 years old and my father had a heart attack in his early 40's, so I was a little worried as the pain was on the left side. I tried walking around again, but that didn't work this time. My girlfriend finally convinced me to go to the ER around 9:30 pm. They checked me for heart issues, and thankfully everything was ok there. The doctor came in and told me that a blood test for D-Dimer showed I might have a clot. A short while later a CT scan found it in my left lung, which was probably why I thought it was my heart. I go back in next Friday for another CT scan to see if it is cleared up. Other than the pain the first day, I would never have known I had anything. I was able to hunt in Montana and here in Wisconsin with no problems.

The doctor did say that blood clots were not uncommon with Covid. I get a physical every year because of family medical history, and have never had a single issue. I had a physical the end of October and all of my blood tests came back normal. Hopefully everything is good and I can stop taking the medication next week

fatbacks

WKR
Lost my taste and smell completely about 5 days after first symptoms.... I could eat raw onions, garlic or jalapenos and would only get a mild heat sensation. Started coming back after 5 days and completely came back 10 days later.

For those that had it, take note of Conroy's story about the PE. Even if you had a mild case I would look at the guidance for working out and returning to high intensity activity. Surprised me to see how it is highly recommended you ease back into cardio very slowly.

Hope everyone has a speedy recovery!

Laramie

WKR
One of my son's friends tested positive back in July. His only symptoms were loss of taste and smell. It took him over 2 months to regain them. He said the one positive was he was able to drink cheap beer.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I've read a few things that state your blood type may have something to do with whether you get infected or not. Supposedly, Type O is less likely to contract the virus. Don't know if there is any merit to it, but I'm Type O and haven't had it... yet. A few of my friends have, though. One of the guys was in the camp of, "it's all BS, masks are stupid, blah blah"..until he got it. He said he's never in his life wished for anything bad to happen to him. Said twice that he just wished he'd die. He's on the mend now and on the "please wear a mask" train. He said he started feeling bad 1st of Nov and it was all he could do to hold himself up for a month. Hospital here was full, so they sent him home saying there was nothing they could do and just try to do your best. He was able to take breathing treatments that helped some.
Another buddy had it and said it was a different reaction every other day. Fatigue one day, then pain all over the next day, migraines the next, on and on.

Ozz08

WKR
I tested positive for Covid on Friday 12/4. Had what I felt was a bad sinus infection. Sinuses have been pretty clear and headache gone since Monday 12/7. No other symptoms. I’ve continued to workout including running on my treadmill the entire time with no ill effects. Oh, and yes all the workouts and runs have been done in my isolation quarters (basement). I’m not breaking quarantine. It’s interesting to see how differently people’s bodies are reacting to the virus.

RO1459

FNG
It took me around 2 weeks to regain some of both my sense of smell and taste. It took another 2 to 3 weeks to get it all back. I'm 72 and while I was really sick, I never felt like I needed to go to the hospital or that I was going to die. Good luck and I hope you get better quickly.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
So I was quarantined October 23rd, didn't start showing any symptoms until about the 30th, all it was for me, was a bad head cold and congestion. I think the worse was the headache that didn't go away, it lasted like three weeks, but towards the end of my sickness is when I lost my taste and smell, and to this day, I've only regained a fraction of it.

GotDraw?

WKR
Wow from all what i read here i'm starting to get less scared of this deadly virus
Uhhh... maybe because those that died can't post up a response.
It's all good 'til it's not.

This thing is a chameleon and things can go from not so bad to deadly in an hour or two.

JL

GotDraw?

WKR
Considering some of the camo combinations I've seen on here I'm beginning to think that a lot of guys have never had a sense of taste

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thankfully, deer and elk don't care about anyone's taste in camo and they don't judge it like a fashion show.

And I only care that they taste good.

JL

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Update:

Both my smell and taste are slowly making a return. I can now slightly smell Vicks, deodorant, soap. I can taste in some capacity bananas, sweets, coffee and a beef jerky. Both are not quite accurate, but getting better.

I still do feel a bit winded from time to time with mild activities, which is strange.

boom

WKR
Update:

Both my smell and taste are slowly making a return. I can now slightly smell Vicks, deodorant, soap. I can taste in some capacity bananas, sweets, coffee and a beef jerky. Both are not quite accurate, but getting better.

I still do feel a bit winded from time to time with mild activities, which is strange.
i am so happy to hear this is taking an upswing.

my friend got it early on..he still cant do major activities that require heavy breathing. he gets beat down fast. i might be able to outhike him FINALLY!! (that is a joke - i want him to be 100%).

take it easy bud. heal up!

jmez

WKR
Buddy of mine got it mid Sept. He lost both taste and smell, those were the only signs he had.

He is slowly getting them back but can only smell things close up that have a very strong odor.

Extrapale

WKR
My favorite beer was not tasting right last weekend. I chalked it up to a bad batch. Maybe I finally caught it. No other symptoms other than a random headache a couple days ago.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Resurrecting an old thread. For anyone who lost taste and/or smell, do any of you still have issues? I'm at 9 months for loss of smell (plus a phantom smell) and 4 months for the same with taste/flavor. There are times when I wonder why I bother to consider meal options - as they are all pretty much the same.

I have no idea whether my symptoms were a very late development from Covid (2.5 months after recovery) or a TBI (a week after). I tend to think it was the latter due to timing, but some of the stuff is pretty bizarre (like not being able to smell anything, but for a few months being able to taste).

On Saturday I ate a meal at a bar in Charleston. When I ordered the gumbo, the guy next to me said "That's perfect. I was thinking of ordering the same, and now I will wait to see what you think of it and make my decision." I had to tell him - "Sorry but I can't taste anything, so I won't be much help." We did agree it was salty.

He said his daughter had lost her sense of taste from Covid and only recently started to taste something - after drinking scotch (apparently she could taste the peat and smoke). I decided to give it a try. For the next 24 hours all I could taste, or smell, was the scotch. I hate scotch. Maybe I need to take more shots of bourbon.

Geewhiz

WKR
I caught the 'vid at the end of December. Lost 100% taste and smell. Taste came back in a week or two. Still cant smell worth the crap and what I can smell is distorted. Familiar smells smell like things I have never smelt before. Its odd. Hand soaps, lotions, shampoo and body washes smell....musty, chemically...not sure how to describe it but its definitely distorted.

I lost my sense of taste years ago...
Tacky Golfer.jpg

Seriously, both my nephew and his dad (paramedics) got C19 last year. Neither lost their sense of taste or smell. I wonder if the East Coast variant is slightly different?