Love REI!

Yukondog

WKR
I try to get the best deals I can on gear. I use my dividend and watch for sales. Sometimes paying a little more is worth the ease of the no hassle exchange/return policy REI has.

My exped ul7 pad had a small leak in the baffle crease on the bottom of the pad. I tried to patch it with little luck. The second patch job made it through the night but after returning to camp it needed to be blown up again. REI took it back and now I have a new one.

I love this pad. Best nights sleep I've had in a tent. Paired with my Mont Bell ul ssdh bag I have finally found my perfect set up.

Matt

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is my number one reason for shopping there.

Us too! When they put things on sale or in the bargain "attic" you can get some great deals, and they never argue about returns and exchanges...we can often find better deals elsewhere, but we will likely stay members for the above reasons.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep, I like REI as well. Can get some great deals on there, plus shipping to Alaska is usually spendy so the free shipping on order over $75 is pretty nice. The summer 20% off sales are great as well, but the return policy is the first reason to buy there. Granted I don't get much from there anymore and I don't agree with their views and what not on what they give money towards but overall I like the store.

Come to think of it I have $100 gift certificate to spend there....any suggestions? :D

dotman

WKR
Yep, I like REI as well. Can get some great deals on there, plus shipping to Alaska is usually spendy so the free shipping on order over $75 is pretty nice. The summer 20% off sales are great as well, but the return policy is the first reason to buy there. Granted I don't get much from there anymore and I don't agree with their views and what not on what they give money towards but overall I like the store.

Come to think of it I have $100 gift certificate to spend there....any suggestions? :D

Yeah, send it to me :)

Just dont tell them you are using it for hunting ;)
Depends on who you are talking to - I bought a pack there a couple of years ago and, in the process of trying it on, I loaded it with EVERY sandbag they had in the place, plus some other stuff, to make it about a 100 pounds. The first lady that was helping me wanted to know why but the guy that walked up and sort of took over just said, "Oh, you're going hunting, huh? Well, here's why this pack will work..." and we launched into a conversation about the suspension. Turned out to be a pretty cool dude.

Last edited:

Chuffness

FNG

Even though Im all set up and have everything I need. I'm always swapping out gear with REI. I keep an eye out for something that is relatively the same price but lighter weight. I've dropped my summer pack weight by 10 pounds from last year. All thanks to their exchange/ return policy.

I don't know if all REI's are the same but around here rumor has it that a sale is coming up in the begging of Oct.. I think 20% off any one item.

unm1136

WKR
I have never had a problem with telling them that I hunt or will be using the gear for hunting. Friendly staff and as everyone else mentioned the best return policy of any store out there!

Yeah, given how hippie and alternative lifestyle most of the employees appear to be, the ones that work here in town has never batted an eye when I tell them what I am looking for and why. I wish I were as courteous when I saw the vegan dehydrated food.

pat

Love REI! I was just there to exchange an eTrex 10 for an eTrex 20. Also bought a mess of Mountain House. The customer service guy asked where I'm going hunting (I gave him no clue and wasn't wearing camo) and then told me about his bow hunt. Always very friendly at the REI here.

6t4nova

WKR
I don't know if all REI's are the same but around here rumor has it that a sale is coming up in the begging of Oct.. I think 20% off any one item.

Yup, got my coupon in the mail already. 20% off 1 full price item, 20% off 1 eligible item at REI-OUTLET, and 50% off 1 shop service or gear rental.

wapitibob

WKR
Last time I was in there looking at packs, after I told the guy it was for hunting, he told me to look at Mystery Ranch and Kifaru.