Love reviews like these...

1/8" groups at 100 and 1/4" at 200. Makes me feel like such a slacker. LOL

I shot a bear last year with the 120 grain Barnes bullet. It went 30 yards. I shot a 5 point whitetail deer last fall, it dropped in it's tracks. I use these bullet's in my 7mm-08 with 48 grains of CFE223 powder I get an average speed of 3,230 FPS out of a 22 inch barrel as far as accuracy I shoot an 1/8th inch group at 100 hundred yards 1/4 inch group at 200 yards. My rifle is a Kimber Mountain Ascent.

I shouldn't even play because there have been hundreds if not thousands of discussions on bullets, calibers, etc. Eastern and midwest hunters like little guns and they are accurate. All of that is a given.

I won't lecture you on bigger guns because it is a waste of time. Given the 3-4 days you have to hunt take a sling shot if its your desire.

The issue is insurance. What if the shot you take isn't perfect ? What if you just ran 400 yds to the top of the hill? What if the elk was standing broadside in the trees but when you got to where it was it wasn't ? It was really at 45 degrees. The bottom line is given the unknown/s is there enough safety factor in all of your choices that you are more likely than not to take your quarry home regardless of the unknowns or-- are you going to leave a bloodshot mess for the rest of us to fix.

You don't even have to answer. Just a thought.

ljalberta

WKR
I shouldn't even play because there have been hundreds if not thousands of discussions on bullets, calibers, etc. Eastern and midwest hunters like little guns and they are accurate. All of that is a given.

I won't lecture you on bigger guns because it is a waste of time. Given the 3-4 days you have to hunt take a sling shot if its your desire.

The issue is insurance. What if the shot you take isn't perfect ? What if you just ran 400 yds to the top of the hill? What if the elk was standing broadside in the trees but when you got to where it was it wasn't ? It was really at 45 degrees. The bottom line is given the unknown/s is there enough safety factor in all of your choices that you are more likely than not to take your quarry home regardless of the unknowns or-- are you going to leave a bloodshot mess for the rest of us to fix.

You don't even have to answer. Just a thought.
This supposed to be in a different thread? Or am I missing something?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My question is, how does he shrink the 7 mm bullet to 1/8, or even 1/4”?
I agree, but lots of folks use center to center for their group sizes. I prefer outside edge to outside edge, so a one hole group would be close to .284" for my 7mm.

1/8" groups at 100 and 1/4" at 200. Makes me feel like such a slacker. LOL
what do you mean? if i can't hold .12 MOA, i'm tearing my scope off, bases, degrease everything again, re mount, and hope my embarrassing groups improve..... if i shoot 5 shots at 100, i don't accept anything but a perfectly round hole, but rather than shooting one box of ammo like a normal hack, i shoot 2, and 3 per year when we have a republican president, it just takes dedication

My question is, how does he shrink the 7 mm bullet to 1/8, or even 1/4”?
you noticed the muzzle velocity right? smoking fast for a 7-08, probably shrinks down due to warp speeds, and the speedy fast bullet has less of an opportunity to make a bad decision and veer off course

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I like my Kimber, but no way in hell does Kimber make a 1/8th MOA gun. If they did, then PRS shooters would be using them. As such, I don't give much credit to the statistical validity of the guys assertion, though I do believe he believes what he says.

wapitibob

WKR
I like my Kimber, but no way in hell does Kimber make a 1/8th MOA gun. If they did, then PRS shooters would be using them. As such, I don't give much credit to the statistical validity of the guys assertion, though I do believe he believes what he says.

I owned a Kimber, if it even shot 1" at 100 I'd still own it.