Love that Altra Superior!

Got my third pair of Altra Superiors today and have to give the shout-out... I've put on over 1,200 miles of running on first two pairs and have to say they are easily the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned (and less than $80 on pro deals).

At first they look like Bozo the Clown shoes but I promise you will not regret putting these on and taking them dogs for a walk. After you get past the calf stretch, you'll never go back. Still waiting for a zero drop hiking boot model with 400 g of insulation, but lets not get greedy. If you log 20 miles/week throughout the year, good luck to your buddies trying to keep up with you on the hills.

agree with all the above
altra are very comfortable
get past the calf stretch and never look back
i wish they would make a lone peak mid with a slightly stiffer sole,, just to help with the sidehilling off trail while hunting/hiking with weight

OP
menhaden_man
I walk/hike in Altra TIMP 1.5. Been in Altria’s for three years now. I believe my current pair is #5. So damn comfortable.

I’ll have to try those out... haven’t tried any tougher stuff (mostly run asphalt or trails in sage brush).