Love this time of the season

Shrek

WKR
It's about three am here and I just stepped out of my camper at my georgia hunt club to take a wizz. I can hear a buck grunting as he chases down in the creek bottom. Makes it hard to get back to sleep !:)

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Good luck Ryan ! Are you hunting whitetail ? The sounds of a big buck chasing a doe your way is a super rush. I had a big buck chasing through a swamp two years ago and when I think of it I get chill bumps.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Dang ! I hate to hear that. It is really warm here too , high of 91* at my camper. I got an average south georgia 9pt though. Half of the club members didn't even hunt. Moral is , hunt long and hard no matter what the weather or some hunt table says. At least you know where the deer are not when the weather is like this. Good luck !

Buck and Doe tagged in KS!!! 30 minutes after I shot my doe a 150" 10 pt came running through chasing 3 others! This time of year is priceless in the woods!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
DaveinJax, I was stationed in Georgia, It's way to humid and hot for me! Your right you can't choose the hunting season, you just have to hunt it:)

Evan, Is the rut on down there? It won't get crazy here till about the 15.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Never did any deer hunting there. I did go to FT Stewart and kill some hogs. That was a blast!

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Got a medium 9pt with some palmation last sunday and a good for south Georgia 8pt today. Nothing I will put on the wall but respectable and good eating. I was told I have to stop hunting and let the special ed members shoot a deer. Our rule has been to keep hunting but you have to hunt up ( bigger than your last ) . I have offered stands , gave the best advice I coul but have been turned down and ignored. Now I am asked to stop because they can't compete. Can't wait to go out west and leave this drama behind.