Love those Salomons!

vcb

WKR
Hey I thought I would pass on my experience. I'm a big archery elk hunter here in CO. I have had danners, Brownings and lastly asolo's for my last pair of boots. All of these I have had to wear liners and duck tape every day to prevent blisters..

i read good things about salomon 4d gtx boots. Found them on amazon on sale for $170 and I just hunted 6 days with them in the co backcountry and all I can say is wow. The most comfortable boot with good stability I have ever used for early season archery. Not even one hot spot. Zero blisters. I am probably going to buy a second pair to keep in the closet.

trk3263

WKR
I bought a used pair at an rei sale and they are the best boots ever. I was the only one without blisters the last trip to Hells Canyon with over 60 miles on that trip alone. The boots are great and I will be buying more too!

X2 on Salomon Boots

luke moffat

Super Moderator
If its not a dedicated mountain hunt (like for sheep or mountain goats) I prefer Salomon SpeedCross model. Great traction and with a stiffer insole still does well hauling up to 100 pounds when need be IMO....plus not having to worry about keeping your socks/feet dry means you don't gotta tip toe around puddles/creeks for the best place to cross....just go!!!

I tried out the Salomons this years as well and I am very happy I did. Been wearing them pretty much daily while hunting deer, pronghorn and elk since mid August and couldn't be happier!

Basically no break in period and if there was, I haven't noticed.

Not a single hot spot, no foot fatigue and they are very comfortable.

KMD

Banned
Just got back from 9 days in CO backcountry elk hunting in my Salomons. Rained every afternoon, with graupel & hail mixed in for flavor. Wet, mud, ankle deep in muck filtering water, 100% dry the whole time.
First thing I did when I got home was order a second pair of 4D GTXs, they performed that well!

rodney482

WKR
Used the same boots on my 10 day elk hunt.

very comfortable!!!

not sure how durable they are but comfort was off the charts, no duct tape needed

LostArra

WKR
Comfortable: yes, the best I've worn out of the box

Waterproof: no

obviously KMD's experience was better than mine but the leaking started after 12 straight hours of light to moderate Wyoming rain and I was wearing gaiters which kept the tops of the boots and tops of my socks dry. Leaking was around toe box.

topher89

WKR
A few guys from kifaru love them... I picked up a pair of the Quests and they have been awesome. I broke then in this summer in the highcountry but they were very comfortable by day 1

Chuffness

FNG
Same here... I upgraded to Solomons after last years Keens and Danner Pronghorns. Best boot so far !!

marc

Lil-Rokslider
I spent my season in 3D ultra 2's and loved them! Wore them with dirty girl gaiters on dry days and KUIU gators for the wet stuff!

big brown truck brought pair of wings wed. lightest boot i have by far. just been around the perimeter of my place few times and feel good wearing darn tough hike/trek boot sock. wearing sun. to shrimp and grits fest on Jekyl Island, will put couple miles on them then!!!

I got a pair of Discovery GTXs back in the spring...best pair of boots I might have ever put on my feet. Had just a hair of heel slip in them, laced them differently, no more slip. Mine have been fairly waterproof, but I need a pair of gaiters to help with real wet mornings. I want another pair for every day wear.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sold. Just got back from a 12 mile adventure with my normal hunting boots. My right ankle is beat up. These boot have been fine for day trips with a hunting pack, but this is the second trip with a 50+ pound load that I've come home banged up. On the first trip I thought I had hurt my ankle sliding in some shale. Now I know it's the boot.

I'm ordering some Scout 4D's tonight.

I bought the quest 4d GTX from REI. I knew they were comming home the moment my foot was suction cupped in there and held tight. Then I noticed how stout and sturdy the lacing hardware was and it was a done deal. Had them about a year so far and I wear them almost everyday. In the rain they stayed dry, only after about 12ish hours of rain my feet started to get damp. Not wet but damp, more than likely just because the air was so wet and they were on my feet so long. Mine look BEAT up, but still maintain comfort, water proof, good support, and traction. I've been wanting to try a high end pair of boots like kenetrek or crispi but I'm not sure I need to?

InDeep

WKR
I have questioned using these for elk season. I run all year in speedcross's and missions . Just have been worried about the longevity of these I like to get 2 seasons out of my boots and expect it. The areas I hunt is a lot like "sheep" lots of rocks and steep, steep draws . So the whole boot gets work . Have you guys seen good wear in sheep type country???

LostArra

WKR
Great boot in dry weather. Mine leak like a sieve though.

+1

Leaked during bow season and being hard headed I took them back for rifle. Leaked again. Extremely comfortable and grip well on all surfaces but better for dry country.