Loving the Hanwag Mountain lights

Kotaman

WKR
The Mountain Light has been my "go to" boot for two years now. They've been on Sheep hunts in the Desert, Caribou hunts in the snow in the MacKenzie Mountain s, a Mountain Goat hunt in BC and several deer hunts. They have performed flawlessly.

They aren't as "light" as one would think but they are waterproof and dry quickly. They offer great support. I've owned at least 20 pair of mountain boots the past couple years and the two left standing are my Hanwag Mountain Lights and my Schnee Sheephunters.

Slim Jim

WKR
My buddy just tried to order these from lathrop & sons the other day and they told him that they are not selling them because of warranty issues. I hope that they get this issue settled soon cause this was going to be my next boot after my Crispis wear out.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have worked my Mtn Lights hard, and was also hoping for another pair. I haven't had a reason for warranty work, and I am flat shocked how well they have held up.

That said, I would gladly use any brand, if the Lathrops were involved, and recommended them for my feet. I know firsthand the effort they put into getting me into a pair of boots that worked for me.

Steven called me just a moment ago, we got everything worked out, thanks for the heads up though!

Kotaman

WKR
So...you still getting them Nick? Personally, I would not care about the warranty...

I liked my Tibets, but I like the Mountain Lights better. In all fairness to the Tibets, I fell right in-between on sizing. 12 was a bit small and 13 was too big.

Unfortunately no, ended up going with the Salomon Quest's. They didn't have my size in the ML anymore and he wasn't too sure on when their issues would be resolved to get another order in. Once they are, I will be sure to order a pair of ML's though. I really like the Alaskans and the ML's are supposed to be a lot like them. Either way, he ensured me I wouldn't be disappointed with the Salomons. If I am, I will just send them back.

wyodan

WKR
I also wish they would get the Hanwag issue resolved. Tried ordering them a couple months ago, and they said that it couldn't be done at the time. Fortunately, I found a used pair for this year.

Shrek

WKR
I tried to email Hanwag directly and the first reply took two or three weeks and dodged the question and my second email went unanswered. They have problems with customer service at all levels. I just ordered Lowa Tibets and wrote off Hanwag.

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
Had the same conversation about the Hanwags...Steven set me up in some Tibets, that I like alot....

Nick, let us know about the Quests, I think I may want a pair of those as well.

Kotaman

WKR
Huh...I just ordered a pair of Salomon's myself. Should be here tomorrow. I thought they looked like a great warm weather, early season option.