Low light rangefinder?

philcox

WKR
I’m looking for a rangefinder, that will be effective in low light. Not sure one exist, but theoretically the rangefinder would be able to range and anything I could see out of a Swaro FLC Bino. Had a low light situation where I could see the deer in the Bino (SLC) fairly clearly, also in the scope (Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14), but when trying to identify it with the rangefinder (SIG Kilo), very problematic.

Would love to get some opinions on rangefinders that would be commensurate with that other glass.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Maven only sells one range finder.
If you're asking about binos, I have both the 10X42 SLC's and 10X42 EL's. And scopes....... well there are a lot of them.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Maven only sells one range finder.
If you're asking about binos, I have both the 10X42 SLC's and 10X42 EL's. And scopes....... well there are a lot of them.
Was asking about a rangefinder that had low light ability similar to my SLC's.

elkguide

WKR
The Maven rangefinder does much better in low light situations than other rangefinders that I have owned. The intensity adjustable red display is also a big plus.

Blue72

WKR
Without a doubt the Leica. I was surprised I could use it for astronomy…although the FOV was limited (for astronomy use)

Big.J

FNG
I believe red illuminated ones would get better display in low light conditions. Here is a list I found on google with red display: hunting manual. You can filter based on your budget, range and other requirements easily.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
I dont think you will find a range finder on par with the SLC for low light situations. As I understand it, in order for the range finders to work at all, specific coatings are applied to the glass. This is the same reason why the combo range finder binos are a little less quality even within the same brand.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk