Low profile 3x fletch for single bevel broadheads

Marble

WKR
I think you have a sight problem, more than a trajectory problem. A slider would probably easily give you 100 yards.
I agree, I've shot in some tournaments with guys shooting that sight and each have had some issues that I would not tolerate.

It's pretty dang cool and it works great when it works, but there are a few quirks to it that just wont work for me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I agree, I've shot in some tournaments with guys shooting that sight and each have had some issues that I would not tolerate.

It's pretty dang cool and it works great when it works, but there are a few quirks to it that just wont work for me.

I'm not picking on the Garmin. One of the Option sights that just has a moveable pin within the housing would give you the same issues. The sights that allow the entire scope to slide are going to give you more range. However the fixed scopes are going to give you a more consistent anchor.

Marble

WKR
I'm not picking on the Garmin. One of the Option sights that just has a moveable pin within the housing would give you the same issues. The sights that allow the entire scope to slide are going to give you more range. However the fixed scopes are going to give you a more consistent anchor.
All true!

87TT

WKR
Adding a vane won't change your ability to get to 90 yards. 5 to 7 grains are going to be a couple of yards difference at 90...maybe..

If you can move your sight in closer to your bow you'll gain some tape or pin gap. The closer yoursight is to your peep the smaller the gap is, or, the faster your tape is.

Sliding your peep up can also help.

Turn up your bow if you can.

Smaller peep/ closer sight

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
I have had the sight for 6 months. Pretty happy with it for my hunting scenarios.

I’ll take the bow back to the shop for another look but I did point out the contact issues last time I was there. They did notice the roller guard was slightly twisted and they fixed that. It did help with the fletch contact issue but I still sometimes get contact if a nock accidentally gets a 1/10 of a turn on way or the other.
They did check center shot for me as well. But that doesn’t mean it was perfect

Last edited:
Look into AAE max or hybrid 23 vanes. I three fletch with an ez fletch and they are doing well with 1.125-1.25” 3 blade fixed heads.
i have shot max stealth since they came out and just looking for a little less vane. Since going to the ez fletch occasionally I feel like they parachute at distance.

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
Vanetec works well in a three fletch configuration. I have had shafts touching accuracy with them. The 2.88s shield cuts. That said in my experience short and tall creates less drag than long and lean. At least in the fletchings i have compared. Perhaps there is more turbulance in the pocket with the long and lean and the short and talls get it done with a longer lever arm. Surface area and resistance and all. I could be wrong. One thing that was never lacking with Vanetecs was repeatable accuracy.
(pictured with a 4 fletch)

Attachments

• 20211024_170459[185].jpg
    20211024_170459[185].jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 12