Low recoil

That's not a solution
Very effective at reducing recoil which helps with the “low recoil rifle” part of your initial post.

To make you feel better I’ll regurgitate some options:
6.5 CM or 6.5 Swede
7mm-08
25-06

With the “non-solution“ of a Limbsaver
6.5 PRC
280 AI

For deer look at bullets/powder that meets your requirements that your final rifle will shoot well. For varmints it depends. Are you wanting to just kill varmints or want something fur friendly?

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Very effective at reducing recoil which helps with the “low recoil rifle” part of your initial post.

To make you feel better I’ll regurgitate some options:
6.5 CM or 6.5 Swede
7mm-08
25-06

With the “non-solution“ of a Limbsaver
6.5 PRC
280 AI

For deer look at bullets/powder that meets your requirements that your final rifle will shoot well. For varmints it depends. Are you wanting to just kill varmints or want something fur friendly?

Kill more than fur.

I have a tc compass 243 that was a raffle win. It shoots good but looking for a better quality rifle

Kill more than fur.

I have a tc compass 243 that was a raffle win. It shoots good but looking for a better quality rifle
Have you shot with a brake or a suppressor?

you said recoil was the issue and those two things are super effective at reducing recoil without compromising energy at longer ranges

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Have you shot with a brake or a suppressor?

you said recoil was the issue and those two things are super effective at reducing recoil without compromising energy at longer ranges
I'm not worried about recoil for me. It's for my niece. It will have a break.

wapitibob

WKR
buy the Ti mini from the rokslide store, they're small so it doesn't look like a turd stuck on the end of the rifle
I put one on a 7stw, 30% reduction I would guess

I'm also a NY resident (unfortunately) so I feel your pain about the suppressors. Legit just had this convo about my custom ultra light tikka in 300wsm. The brake reduces some recoil but its super super loud and can't imagine what my ears are gonna feel like when I pull the trigger (hopefully) on an elk next week. I have an rpr that I've never shot in 6mm creed but the ammo is super easy to find and honestly one of the least expensive calibers I've seen through all this pandemic. I would look no further. Lighter recoil, cheaper ammo, easier to find (online anyway) ammo, and long range accuracy. This is the top cartridge in the target shooting world right now. Id go with that or as others have said a 6.5 creedmor. .243 and 7mm/08 are also top choices for what you are considering. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

The Ruger Predator 6mm creedmoor I set up for my daughter is one really light recoiling rifle. Super accurate with every factory option I tried in it and there is a ton of ammo on the shelf at my local sportsmans. I will reload for it but if I didnt I wouldnt hesitate to use any of the factory stuff. I actually took that rifle out this weekend hoping to find a bear.

What ammo does her RPR like most and what ammo are you using for hunting? I've stocked up on a few different ones but have yet to shoot it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk