Lowa Camino GTX?

willidru

WKR
I used last year on a 7 day Colorado 3rd season hunt. They were very comfortable, but do take some good break-in time. Terrain is was in wasn't to tough, we hunted out of a base camp and didn't put a ton of miles on them. For the limited experience I have, it was positive.

Bought a pair last year in July for elk hunting in September because I wanted a lighter boot. I broke them in and they performed great. The only downside is that they are no longer my hunting boots. They fit my feet so well that they're my every day work boots now. Probably going to have to by another pair so I can have a pair of "hunting" boots again.

Graves14

WKR
Echoing the above, I wear mine on daily training hikes, when running my dogs, and all upland season. Took a while to break in and they run an it long in the toe which put me between sizes but I really like them. No plans to change anytime soon.

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Shoebuy has 30 percent off today, you can get these for 209 there.

Im trying to decide to pull the trigger or not.

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
Well I pulled the plug and bought a pair. 30 percent off Shoebuy today. Also if you are a member of Ebates (free) you get another 10 percent back from them. Ebates members get another 10 percent back off anything from Shoebuy

Ebates: Coupons, Deals, Promo Codes & Cash Back

If you go through the link for a new member of ebates you get another 10 dollars back

LaHunter

WKR
I've had a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots for little over a year. I used these last summer for a little while doing training hikes. In my opinion, these boots fall in the heavy duty hiking boot / lighter weight back packing boot. The sole is stiff, but not as stiff as the Tibets. The upper support is a little less than the Tibets. The Lowa Tibets are my go to mountain hunting boot.

The only drawback on these is that the heel lock is not in the same league as the Tibet's heel lock, but I have fairly narrow heels. I got blisters during my training hikes with the Caminos, but I do my training hikes in the summer when it is 90+ degrees and 80+ % humidity. I can literally pour sweat out of my boots an hour into my hikes. My go to training boot is the Lowa Renegades, which are a hiking type boot with enough sole flex that I don't get any heel lift/slip even when the boots are holding water/sweat.

I will wear the Caminos on milder days mule deer hunting / or scouting and they perform well, but if you plan on hauling significant weight, the Tibets my be a better option, assuming the fit is good.

Good Luck

i think the camino in a LL would be the best, i would wear it for early season and summer hiking when gtx is not important
i bought a pair of lowa baffin and they are LL and are quite comfortable
i had the camino and it was just a tad to short and sold it, i liked it quite a bit, but ended up with a ticam and then the baffin, the ticam is a wider toe box than the camino, i like them a a lot as well

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair that I like a lot. Basically no break in for me. probably my favorite boot so far. I'm considering a set of bighorns for later season in the snow.

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running a pair of the LL version for a couple of years and it has become a favorite. It doesn't have the full rand all the way around the boot, so if you are in shale side-hilling frequently durability could be an issue. I do some side-hilling and have the nicks and cuts in the leather to prove it, but don't expect it a limiting factor in the life of the boot.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16