Lowa Renegade GTX Owners

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Own a pair of Renegades and Nevadas. Renegades have lots of miles on them and are holding up well but for me they don’t have enough guts for side hills or carrying any additional weight besides my 230 lb self. In any hills, mountain terrain or packing I just love everything about my Crispi Nevadas.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
Are the renegades true to size? Looking at reviews, some say true to size and others needs to upsize? I would like to try a pair, but don’t know what size to order? I usually wear an 11 but had to downsize in my Meindl’s. I also do like wearing thick socks? Jesse

OP
L

LSHD69

FNG
Are the renegades true to size? Looking at reviews, some say true to size and others needs to upsize? I would like to try a pair, but don’t know what size to order? I usually wear an 11 but had to downsize in my Meindl’s. I also do like wearing thick socks? Jesse
True to size or slightly big for me. Thicker pair of socks was all I needed for complete true to size fit.

Renegades are decent boots but I don't like all of the seams. Those failed before the soles wore out on mine. I also found that the soles were softer than I prefer while wearing a heavy pack on rocky trails.

In my opinion, the previously mentioned rangers are a better boot. I've put a lot of miles hiking on mine and have since made them my daily work boot. The sole is stiffer than the renegades but more flexible than the tibets.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Camino is between the Renegade and Tibet. I'd cut you a deal on a pair of Camino if you wear a 13

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just ordered a pair of the Renegades. I’ve been using Lowa boots for the past twelve years. First bought some Hunter GTX in about 2010 in AK. Last two years I wore the Tibet GTX. I still have both pairs and love them but wanted to try something a little lighter for archery this year.

I’m planning to do the Wind River High Route this summer. I might take the Hunters on their last big trip before either retiring or a re-sole.

manitou1

WKR
If they fit okay, you will be hard pressed to find a better boot than the Tibet. I too, don't care for the mid heights. I would try the Tibet highs. I went to full height boots this past season after multiple close rattlesnake encounters out here last year. For me, they do offer better support/protection and feel better.
Renegades are not in the same class for a high country/mountain boot IMO.

Where are you running into rattlesnakes? I know we have them in parts of the state so I don’t doubt what you are saying at all. It’s just never been an issue or even a consideration for me while hunting… In the mountains. When I lived in Cody and spent a fair amount of time around Meeteetse (Grass Creek to be more specific) there were a fair amount of prairie rattlers.