Lowa Renegade GTX's onsale for $104.10

Usi05

WKR
Lowa sent me a 50% off coupon today and is sending me new boots for my warranty issue. Top notch customer service.

Not sure what to do with this coupon. May try and trade for gear if I don’t buy another pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of these. Can anyone tell me how wide they run? I'm a 14D in some boots, but tend to need a slightly wider toe box.

Team4LongGun, I have worn Vasques for years and they usually fit pretty good. What was it about the Renegades, compared to the Vasques, that don't work for you?

Savage-
I’ve never owned a pair of Lowas-heard so much from trusted friends I jumped in and bought 2 pair at 104....they just weren’t comfortable. Like clunky and not conforming to my foot. I gave it several days and many miles, no improvement. Tried 3 different inserts-no change. My take is the soles felt thick and stiff-with no give/ergonomics? I felt like I was walking with boards tied under my boots, whereas with my Vasque’s they are contoured and have that spring like natural flow and give.
The other issue was they ran big-not enough to go down a half size, but enough that my foot slid around that would guarantee blisters out west.
I tried like hell to like them! Seem very well constructed-just a no go for me. Hope that helps.

Camo

Lil-Rokslider
Please explain-not familiar with the inserts. Really curious about the gore Tex boot part....

I think I’m going to send both pair of Lowas back. Hell of a price at 104, but they just feel so uncomfortable.

I already put the air inserts in another pair of gore Tex Vasque boots so let me know!

Per the SuperFeet website:
I wear boots with waterproof liners, like GORE-TEX®. Can I still wear Superfeet?
Yes, but be particular about the style of Superfeet insole you choose. Avoid using our BLACK, CARBON, COPPER, BLACK DMP and YELLOW insoles as features on the bottom of these insoles can damage waterproof liners. Our hiking-specific TRAILBLAZER insoles are a good choice. Note: over time, most insoles will conform to the heel of your footwear and can cause wear through the lining. Superfeet offers no guarantee against the side effects of the insole wearing through waterproof liner.

They used to have a Guide and Hunt model that were recommended but can't seem to find them currently.

Savage-
I’ve never owned a pair of Lowas-heard so much from trusted friends I jumped in and bought 2 pair at 104....they just weren’t comfortable. Like clunky and not conforming to my foot. I gave it several days and many miles, no improvement. Tried 3 different inserts-no change. My take is the soles felt thick and stiff-with no give/ergonomics? I felt like I was walking with boards tied under my boots, whereas with my Vasque’s they are contoured and have that spring like natural flow and give.
The other issue was they ran big-not enough to go down a half size, but enough that my foot slid around that would guarantee blisters out west.
I tried like hell to like them! Seem very well constructed-just a no go for me. Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Per the SuperFeet website:
I wear boots with waterproof liners, like GORE-TEX®. Can I still wear Superfeet?
Yes, but be particular about the style of Superfeet insole you choose. Avoid using our BLACK, CARBON, COPPER, BLACK DMP and YELLOW insoles as features on the bottom of these insoles can damage waterproof liners. Our hiking-specific TRAILBLAZER insoles are a good choice. Note: over time, most insoles will conform to the heel of your footwear and can cause wear through the lining. Superfeet offers no guarantee against the side effects of the insole wearing through waterproof liner.

They used to have a Guide and Hunt model that were recommended but can't seem to find them currently.

Good deal-thanks man 👍