Lowa Tibet GTX vs. Crispi Nevada GTX

Slade

FNG
Has anyone tried both of these boots? I already own a pair of Crispi Wyoming boots and a pair of Lowa Renegades, and love them both. I'm looking to get a third set of hiking/hunting boots and which of these two options would you prefer? Both weight almost the same (3.8 to 3.9 lbs), seem to both be pretty rigid, and both are goretex lined. Just wanting some personal opinions of those who have owned these boots, I appreciate any feedback.

OP
S

Slade

FNG
Also, I plan to use the L&S Synergy Footbeds with the boot I decide on if that matters at all.

EKyhookr

FNG
What size? I’ve got some lowa Tibets in the classifieds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
I have owned both, currently only have the Nevada purchased in 2012. The Tibet is WAY stiffer in my opinion. The Cevedale fits me better than the Tibet for when I need a really stiff sole.

I have never tried the Crispis but have worn 2 sets of Lowa Tibet GTX. They are stiff and rigid boots and are great for when you need extra ankle support. I have worn them on many backpacking trips. I am now wearing Hanwag Nazcats (leather-lined) but i strongly recommend the Tibets if they fit your foot and you want a stiff boot.

CJF

WKR
Yep. All of the above are correct. Its apples vs oranges with these two boots. Tibet is closer to a mountaineering boot and the Nevada is more flexible.

Depends on what you want out of a boot.

If you like your Wyoming’s but want something stiffer, check out the Colorado. I’m in love with mine and the sticky above has a lot of similar reviews.

Jimss

WKR
The tibets are higher around your ankle, a little stiffer and heavier and have thicker soles if you need extra suport they are great boots I only wear my tibets in deep snow when having taller boots helps keep snow out . It is a lot tougher stalking game quietly with taller somewhat stiff boots with thicker soles

The Nevadas are a little lighter lower on ankle with a "rolling" type sole plenty stiff for sheep and goat hunting on steep slopes if you like lowas the caminos are fairly similar to the Nevadas

I just bought a pair of crispi Dakotas that are slightly lighter and breath a little better than Nevadas but are still almost totally leather boots The Dakotas are about $100 cheaper

Mudd Foot

WKR
Two completely different boots. Stiff is a relative term so I’ll try and explain. For reference, my feet are very flat. Have owned both the Tibets and Crispi Colorado. The Colorado is is more comparable to the Tibet than the Nevada.

Both are outstanding quality. The Tibet is stiffer in the shank. The wider toe box/platform of the Colorado likely adds leverage throughout footplate. At least that has been my experience. The Tibet is heavier throughout upper as one would expect from leather.

If the terrain is Colorado steep and rocky requiring frequent edging, then I would lean towards the Tibet. All that said, am a huge fan of the Scarpa Charmoz as my flat feet become exhausted by constant flexing demand put on them by above terrain over the course of 7-8 miles a day. The Charmoz would be a 6 on the Crispi scale if the Colorado is a 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Try them both on and go up and down a flight of stairs a couple of times and go with what fits the best. I run the Nevada’s and my feet love them.

Desy

FNG
Cant compare the two, but the Lowa Tibet are a great boot! I wear mine daily almost year round and am very pleased with them. Sturdy, comfortable. A bit hot and heavy in the summer.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
I Have those exact boots you are talking about. All of these posts are 100% spot on. I also have the lowa ranger, that is more of an apples to apples comparison from my experience as far as overall design. There might be another lowa that’s closer to the Nevada than the ranger but it isn’t the Tibet for sure. FWIW my feet like the lowas better.

Brooks

WKR
I have the Lowa Tibet GTX and really like them ! I have been hunting, guiding and packing with them for 2 seasons and when I wear these out I will be buying another pair. There was no break in period with these boots at all. I kept waiting for my feet to hurt when they were new and I was hunting some pretty rugged places, they never did. Great boots.