Lowa Tibet Leather Lined

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
We did the length and width and talked foot volume for a while. I thought I was going to trace it out on paper. My foot was just over 10".

http://www.lowaboots.com/faq/sizing.cfm

Good to hear Bob. Do you remember what method you used to size them? I found two different sites online one being ebay and the other I lost here on the computer but both had the same result. I know a 10.5" foot =9.5 size boot

aggieland

WKR
My feet are 270mm long which on that site of lowa says size 9 my arch length was a little longer so I ordered a 9.5. Like I said I normally wear a 10.5 so I hope the cheap shoes I have been wearing were just built crappy and wrong sized. Keep you guys posted when they arrive.

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
I got 8's. I even questioned Stephen about the Lowas running small...

Boomer

FNG
I just tried on my new Lowa Bighorns and comparing them to my broken in Danners. Size 10 on the Lowas fits very close to my 9 1/2 Danners. I normally wear a 9 1/2 in all my shoes.

aggieland

WKR
Well Folks, I got the Lowa Tibet LL boots in today and they are SWEET!!!! Very happy with the boot, I will admit this is my first high end boot I have ever bought and so far just wearing them around the house etc, they seem like an excellent boot. I bought a size 9.5 wide. And I measured my feet to be 10.5" long and on a brannick device they measured out at an E in width. The leather lined inside is super soft with what feels like memory foam or something behind it. The only thing that could be possibly upgraded on the boot is the insole. I have never tried using an insole besides the ones that basically came with the boot I owned in the past. But a soft and squishy insole would make the boot feel like 6 money hungry virgins in a 3rd world country were massaging your feet as you walk around. Great boot and I am happy.

Tiger Rag

WKR
So, They Fit Ok? I Would Have Bet Money They Would Be Too short. Make Sure They Are Long Enough, If Your Toes Are Hitting Going Down Hill With A Load, You're Not Going To Be Very Happy.

Stock Insoles Suck, Just Go Ahead And Get A Good Pair. Plenty Of Threads On Here About Insoles.

would think with insoles and fairly cushy wool socks actual foot measurement would be too short. always go 1/2 to full size over on hunting boots for that reason. my dress cowboy boots different story as wear thin cotton/poly socks with them and go actual size. my .02......

aggieland

WKR
We did the length and width and talked foot volume for a while. I thought I was going to trace it out on paper. My foot was just over 10".

http://www.lowaboots.com/faq/sizing.cfm

As the Lowa site says. I have a 266.7mm long foot and the chart shows a size 8.5-9 U.S I got the 9.5 and it seems to fit great. I will play around with them more tonight when the kids are asleep. keep ya posted.

Tiger Rag

WKR
would think with insoles and fairly cushy wool socks actual foot measurement would be too short. always go 1/2 to full size over on hunting boots for that reason. my dress cowboy boots different story as wear thin cotton/poly socks with them and go actual size. my .02......
That's Great, Hope They Work well for You!

OP
M

MattB

WKR
As the Lowa site says. I have a 266.7mm long foot and the chart shows a size 8.5-9 U.S I got the 9.5 and it seems to fit great. I will play around with them more tonight when the kids are asleep. keep ya posted.

Loosen the laces and slide your foot forward until the tips of your toes touch the front of the boot. You should be able to fit at least the width of your index finger behind your heel so that under real world conditions your toe tips do not hit the front of the boot on hiking downhill.

aggieland

WKR
I did all those test and everything passed. The only thing that feels even a little tight is the outside edge of my Left little toe. My Left foot is a little larger than the right but I did order the wide boots. Its a non-issue really but I can feel that it fits tighter than the right. Should be a great boot.

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I also bought the leather lined after running Goretex for years, very comfortable boot so far with only 15 miles on them so far. I haven't had LL boots since I was a kid, but these do feel a bit cooler than my Goretex. I have always heard to break in an all leather boot, you should soak them in water and walk them dry, anyone still doing this?

aggieland

WKR
I don't know if that works Cabman. It might but I would not want to do it to my new boots, they feel pretty darn good out of the box. Someone that knows more about all leather boots will have more info than me though.

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if that works Cabman. It might but I would not want to do it to my new boots, they feel pretty darn good out of the box. Someone that knows more about all leather boots will have more info than me though.

They feel real good to me also and I would be a bit nervous about messing up the fit. Looking forward to next weekend as I am headed out scouting and will give them (and me) a good workout.

aggieland

WKR
Aggieland , do you have any time in them yet ?

Shrek, I wore them all weekend at work in the hospital putting floor miles on them lol. Let's just say they feel great but also are probably a little stiff in the sole to wear around on concrete floors all day/night. I will say that after wearing them for a few hrs I put my tennis shoes back on and the boots acutally felt better on the foot than the work shoes, but the softness under the shoe & weight of the shoes makes it easier for the job at hand. The family is heading to Colorado next week so I should be able to put some mountain miles on them during that trip. Will keep you posted!

Tiger Rag

WKR

This is an old school method and some still swear by it. I can certainly see how it would work but I have never done it personally. Most of the manufacturers suggest a leather conditioner - usually their own, as a way of softening the leather so it conforms to your foot. I would think they may not warranty the boot if there were issues if they could discern the water soaking, however I don't know how they could tell the difference between that and you stepping in a creek and getting the boots wet and them drying. That's likely regardless. Still, I think I'd want to go the leather conditioner route.

I don't think soaking the boot in water is needed. Like said before that is the "old school" method. My LL tibets broke in just fine just by wearing them.