WTS LOWA TIBET (size 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The rand was repaired with 3M Marine Adhesive within weeks of first wearing these. After sending the first pair back I decided to deal with it myself. This is a very permanent repair. I've also applied Nikwax to them a few times.
$150 tyd without the original box.

Motcha

FNG
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What did you use to repair? That may save some of us repair trouble and trying to return.

OP
C
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
3M Marine adhesive. It's a bit of a slow repair with a 7 days cure time, but it's not ever coming off. I took my time and really made sure there wasn't any debris in there before I glued it and after applying the glue I really taped the rand down. I took a tooth brush under running water to clean them out and then just waited a few days for them to dry completely before gluing.
Then after the 7 day cure I put a bead over the edge of the rand.

Usi05

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Bump.

I’ve repaired a pair of asolos this exact way and it is stellar. Don’t be afraid of the look. Will be doing same thing to my Lowas that are being mailed back now for same rand issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bump.

I’ve repaired a pair of asolos this exact way and it is stellar. Don’t be afraid of the look. Will be doing same thing to my Lowas that are being mailed back now for same rand issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After sending a pair of Extremes back I did this as soon as I started to see a separation as a preventative measure. I was breaking these in cutting fire wood and dragging my feet thru our hellish Mountain Laurel here did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.