Lowa Tibet vs. Kenetrek Stiffness

Blisters.jpg
I'm in the market for new boots after my kennys ate my feet alive this year. Looking at the Lowa Tibet but am curious about their stiffness relative to a kenetrek?

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve not tried Kenetreks, but my Lowa Tibet highs are the most comfortable boots I’ve used. I’d highly recommend them. I’ve not had a single issue with them beating my feet up, and they’ve held up exceptionally well for how bad I’ve treated them.

nphunter

WKR
I agree with the Tibet’s being comfortable, however I had to send mine in twice to be replaced under warranty. I broke the midsole in half right under the ball of my foot. (part above the sole that makes the boot stiff)
Lowa replaced them with a new pair one time and the second set they sent and had a different midsole put on overseas.

I know a lot for people have great luck with the Tibet and the boot itself and lacing system is great. I’m just hesitant to purchase another Lowas after almost two year of sending them back and forth with issues.

The Tibet is a pretty stiff boot as well. Not as stiff as my Meindl or Scarpas but pretty stiff.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’ve tried both, IMO the Tibet’s are marginally less stiff. Noticeable, but not by much.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I know not the boots you mentioned but I just got some Salewa Crow boots and they are a stiffer type mountaineering boot. I can't attest to durability but heard they are great. For me they are very comfortable. May want to check other mountaineering boots out too.

xcutter

WKR
My feet looked the same way after my Colorado archery elk hunt. I was wearing Kenetrek mountain extreme's. They ate my heels up. I have Lowa tibets also and still have issues with heel slip and get blisters on my heels. Sold the Kenetrek's and bought a pair of Schnee's Timberlines. So far they are working well. Still not broke in but I think for my foot I need to look at less stiff boots. Might work for you as well?

FYI I used liner socks and taped my heels with leukotape prior to hitting the trail every morning. Something that helps is once you have the blisters put a bandaid over the blister then apply the leukotape over top of bandaid.